Anthony Martinez

Sep 26, 2013
Hey guys I'm new on the site and looking forward to meeting some other truck enthusiast.
I am looking into getting my truck bagged myself but need some help on what all I will need to get the job done. If any fabrication is needed I got that coverd for the most part. From what I hear its 8,000 for a basic install. I don't have the money first off but I do love to install myself so I hope someone can help or point me to someone who has done this to there truck already. I have searched enough and can't find the answers I need,guess it's more difficult on this truck then the older styles.

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Hey guys I'm new on the site and looking forward to meeting some other truck enthusiast.
I am looking into getting my truck bagged myself but need some help on what all I will need to get the job done. If any fabrication is needed I got that coverd for the most part. From what I hear its 8,000 for a basic install. I don't have the money first off but I do love to install myself so I hope someone can help or point me to someone who has done this to there truck already. I have searched enough and can't find the answers I need,guess it's more difficult on this truck then the older styles.

you can't find much because it's an avalanche. the process to bag an avalanche is much more involved than with a truck. the entire rear link setup will have to be your own design.

unfortunately the few avalanches/tahoes/surburbans that are done don't have any real build threads to go from because they are done by shops.

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
all that is replacement air struts and sleeve bags and some air management. will it put you on air? yes. will you lay? not even remotely close. the picture is as low as you will get.

The back can go a little lower with shock extenders.

This is actually the same kit, wheels, and tires that is on the black yukon but with shock extenders on the rear, I will have to ask him what else is done with the front.

7572890186_81844f7faa_h.jpg

7570909332_7ad032644e_h.jpg

Same kit also.
esky_zps0f939076.jpg

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
the surburban is probably actually tubbed the front a little

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
I've never looked inside the wheel well of the NNBS suv's, but that seems to be a good size tire, to not have cleared anything.

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Emailed the guy cause I couldn't remember but here is what he said.

"Front I didn't do any extras to.

In the rear I chopped off the bump stop bracket flush to the frame and used Nor Cals shortened sway rods, and shock relocation brackets. His trailing arm brackets were included but they didn't net me any height changes obviously. Without the shock extending brackets the air shocks were bottomed out and thats what is holding everyone from getting these things down.

That gave me almost 2 full extra inches in the back."

Last edited: