06 GMC Build - I guess????

I will once I cut it up. Pends really on if the next house we buy has 3 car garage or not. If it does, SAS Sierra and a wrx STi will happen. If not, sierra goes bye bye and i buy a crew cab colorado/canyon.

So.....definitely get a house with a 3 car garage then :cheeky:

Would you get a new (at the time) STi or an older one?

I dont know really. I really like the 04/05 cars but the newest versions 14/15 are soooo sexy now too. So probably a slightly used one.

The SAS would also depend on how many miles I have on the truck at the time, it just rolled 78000 a week or so ago, so if there is still a good resale on it, i might sell it anyway, and buy some old and cool, like a k5 and a STi. I have these things thought out haha.

Same, the 04/05 will always be awesome. Next year I'm gonna try and find a low mileage stock 10-14 sti to play around with.

Get 05 if you plan on doing any daily with it, little more sound deadening, radio was standard not option, 04 was a 1 year only bolt pattern for STi few other little quirks about 04s I don't remember from when I was looking.

Also D44/10 bolt SAS, :illallowit: because that's almost what I want to do to 88, I want D44/6 lug 14SF, also nice and low (roughly 4-5" lift on 33x12.5R17 Claws and a 17x9)

Last edited:
I know right, and we are planning to put the house up for sale next spring and the wife's car has another 3 years I think to pay it off. So maybe if it has over 100K on it by then I will SAS it, but who knows. I really need 4 doors with 2 kids now.

Rear lights are installed now. Currently they are just on the switch, feeling lazy with figuring out the wiring for getting them to come on with the reverse as well. I'll get there though.

In other news my rear bumper is kinda shitty on the inside, and I hate that its chrome...im REALLY close to pulling the plastics off and painting it. I also need to address my pass side headlight. the lens is getting kinda hazy and yellowed. Probably just keep an eye out on ebay for a replacement, since sanding and clear seems to be a temp fix.

**edit** scratch that, found a OEM light on ebay for 44 bucks with free shipping...its mine!!

Last edited:
yeah even if you sand and clear it, it'll happen again in about a year anyway. For $44 you can't go wrong!

Might also be buying the morimoto XB35 HD relay setup now too. The HIDs currently are coming up on 3 years old, so its probably time to replace them and who knows how well the DDM ballasts are working these days

Light came in. Was on a wrekced truck, so part of the outside trim was broken off but it hides behind the GMC grill so you cant even see it. Old light is out, new light is retrod and in the truck. Its nice to have clear lights on both sides. Now my cutoff is blue/purple on both sides and the light is white, instead of a funky off colored green

Bought some things

Esky shifter

OEM Denali handles, the black chrome ones.

Thats about it really. just driving it. Only up to 86670 miles on it now. STRONGLY considering painting all the exterior chrome body color this year. the grill is starting to look aged and flake off in the top corners. Rear bumper is boring and i've always wanted it matched.

Damn, that's awesome! I only asked because I remember you saying you really wanted a new zr2 with the duramax.

oh i still do haha but no car payments is pretty sweet.

What looks like is going to happen is when the wifey's car is paid off, the truck will be retired from DD and just hang out to do truck stuff, i will drive her equinox and we'll buy a traverse or arcadia. something with a 3rd row since she wants a 3rd kid.....whatever.

oh i still do haha but no car payments is pretty sweet.

What looks like is going to happen is when the wifey's car is paid off, the truck will be retired from DD and just hang out to do truck stuff, i will drive her equinox and we'll buy a traverse or arcadia. something with a 3rd row since she wants a 3rd kid.....whatever.

thats truck money that third kid. lol