GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I guess Im going to make a build thread for the purple truck. Actually going to be doing some small things to it the next couple of months. To bring you up to speed, heres whats all done to the truck
K&N Drop in with Airaid MIT
Dynatech Splitflow with Corsa Tip
OEM Denalis with Morimoto MH1 retro'd
Candy Tails
Front windows tint, 5% brow on windshield
JVC DD with nav
infinity Kappa 6.5"
Infinifty Reference 10" sub, kenwood amp
Husky Liners
Debaged, de molded, color matched
LED reverse lights, complete interior LED swap out
LED gauges

So this s where it sits currently, with the colormatching being the most recent mods.

Morimoto hotness cause this never gets old

Next step is the flares. Going to order some more paint soon, probably take them off this weekend to start sanding them and maybe get em in primer. I also have a set of LED modules for lighting the bed to need to install. I need to devise a relay diagram I think so I can run them off the cargo light switch, might just make them auto on with the tailgate drop. We'll see. Other plans, need to order some LED tails soon, all the tabs on the stocks are broken and my fix is kinda janky. Would also like to level it out in the future and either spacers with stock wheels or something along the lines of the Raceline Renegade 6's. So yeah, thats it for now. Once the most recent round of mods are finished its going to sit that way for a while, still trying to save our way to make the cross country move.

Last edited:

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Thanks, Im just trying for a clean DD.

The Wifey and I would like to relocate ourselves to central Florida in the next couple years. Winter is the devil to both of us.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Don't see that color too often, I've always liked it though. The plans sound good!

Oh, and start taking more pictures, my Flickr dash is somewhat slow :crazy:

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Bedlights are attached, need to wire tomorrow. Bought a new rear view camera since mine decided to die a couple months ago, I really miss having it.

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Didnt work on the flares, was feeling lazy and did maintance stuff. changed oil, yearly engine bay clean up.

However, I did gett these in...

That do this at night

Wired to the cargo lamp button in the dash all stock and stealth like. New backup camera should be here in a couple of days. Going to need to order some more LEDs while im at it. Decided i want the strips on the back of the front seats, need some in the DRL slots cause my housings are starting to haze and im back to the stock 3rd brake light since my LED one started to leak.

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Those are actually from the ricer section at AutoZone. I was dropping oil off and saw em. They were 25 bucks for the pack, 8 modules with 8' length. I figured why not, i'll give em a shot for 25 bucks. Im very pleased.

For future info, if you want to hook them up to the stock cargo light switch, you have to do it kinda backwards. The switch reads info from the BCM and it acts as a grounding closeur. So you need to tap into the dk blue/white stripe wire at the switch with the GROUND of the lights, then connect the positive to a constant power source. I tapped the cig lighter power. I kept bouncing back and worth between that and a switch in the bed, but I think this works and it nice OEM-ish. I could probably add a second switch in the bed to control them but meh, this works.

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
ordered more paint so I can work on the flares as well as a set of the rugged liner wheel liners. Hopefully that will help keep some of the snow and mud out from getting flung up the bedsides.

Craig

Mar 9, 2012
Michigan
Truck is looking great, really like the bed LEDs! So did you drill a hole in the bed to get to the cab of the truck then?

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lights in the bed look great!

You should drive to MN, I want to do a full paint correction on your truck :crazy:
Thanks Kiiiyyyyllle!! Convincing me to do that drive would be easy, plus we could trade interiors ( hehehe ) however we'd have to do the correction on my way home otherwise it would get ruined when I go find places to fish :p

Truck is looking great, really like the bed LEDs! So did you drill a hole in the bed to get to the cab of the truck then?

Thanks, I ran the wire into the stake pockets and there are holes in the bottom of them, so the wire runs out there, then up to the firewall by the brake booster where there is a grommet I run everything thru.