06 digital climate control lights out

Scooter26

Nov 4, 2014
Recently one of my lights when out in my digital climate control unit on my 06 silverado. I've replaced the steering wheel button lights and 4wd switch with the bulbs from RadioShack. I'm unable find anything on what bulbs these climate controls take. Looking to stay incandescent. Would like to know before I peal it open

I have replaced quite a few, but I almost always went with white LEDs. You can get some bulbs from RadioShack that will work, but they will be noticeably dimmer than the original bulbs. Also, the stock bulbs have a blue silicone rubber cover or sleeve on them so that the light doesn't look quite so yellowish. You need to be sure and save that blue silicone sleeve and put it on the new bulb.

Can you get the LEDs to match the stock "warm white" tint? The bulbs from Radio Shack are $2.50 so it will get pricey. How uniform is the light after the LEDs are installed? and how do you know the polarity when installing the LEDs?

Most likely they will not match, I haven't seen any that come close to that look.

You can buy them cheaper at oznium.com and get resistors off of there too.

You may have hot spots, but a little piece of chrome duct tape can fix that, or lightly sanding the led to diffuse the light.

The long leg on LEDs should be + and the short leg -. You would need to use a test light or multimeter to find power and ground on the circuit board though.