03 Yukon passenger door-no power

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Alright so my parents have a 2003 GMC Yukon XL, and there no power in the passenger door. The door light doesn't light, the window switch doesn't work, doesn't lock or unlock by the button on the drivers door or the passenger door, and the heated seat buttons on the door panel don't work either. The speaker works but that is the only thing.

I don't know if i a fuse or relay went bad but there is 2 lock relays on the inside dash fuse panel, but i wasn't to sure whether or not that was it.

Also probably in wrong spot but, would the passenger door not getting power result in both key fobs not working at all? lock and unlock don't work nor does the panic button. Is this some feature that if one of the main doors isn't getting power or something the key fobs don't work?

Haven't ever replaced the batteries in the fobs but highly doubt they would both go bad at the same time, any help would be appreciated!

do the power door locks work on all the other doors?

for the passenger door, i would pull it appart and check to see if your getting power to the door. most common for this problem is that a wire would get broken where it goes from the cab into the door, if you have power to the switches on the passenger door, then i would say your switch panel went bad.

the fob sounds like it lost comunication with the BCM of the truck. i think the owners manual should tell you what you have to do to reprogram them.

do the power door locks work on all the other doors?

for the passenger door, i would pull it appart and check to see if your getting power to the door. most common for this problem is that a wire would get broken where it goes from the cab into the door, if you have power to the switches on the passenger door, then i would say your switch panel went bad.

the fob sounds like it lost comunication with the BCM of the truck. i think the owners manual should tell you what you have to do to reprogram them.

door locks and windows and everything on all other doors work, only problem is the passenger door has no power, im nervous about taking it apart bc i have never worked on that style before and i dont wanna break anything.