03-07C LED Cluster conversions for $50.

I saw you said blue in the original post, what if I wanted green? Would the price be different?

Yes. I would have to custom order green LEDs. It will only be a 5-10 dollar price difference though.
Also, I can't guarantee that you will not have hot spots and/or dead spots with green (or any other color for that matter).
I have pretty much perfected blue, so I try to stick with that.

Don't want to jack the thread, but how do you get such good coverage in the 99-02 and 03-07 ac controls. Do I have to add more led's than stock? What about the red color in the 99-02?

Don't want to jack the thread, but how do you get such good coverage in the 99-02 and 03-07 ac controls. Do I have to add more led's than stock? What about the red color in the 99-02?

I sometimes add a 3rd LED to each knob. There are 2bulbs stock. And the red will always look bluish purple.

On the 03-06 AC controls, I don't add any more than stock and I can usually position them for even coverage. In the 03-06 controls there is a plastic "wall" separating the red and blue temp colors from the rest of the controls. I put a white behind that part
of the panel and it works out good. The blue light doesn't bleed under the red on the panel like on the 99-02 controls.

have you ever tried red Scott?

tumblr_m4va25VcuS1r5xqx7o2_1280.jpg

Red is gay, just look are Jared's cluster overlay.

Reactions: 2005_Silverado
Blue looks extremely ricer to me, and white didnt work to well in jareds cluster. I had red 194s in my HS car and loved it. Wouldnt be getting a red overlay in the Sierra.

i added reflective chrome tape (nashua foil tape, same shit i used as flashing for mah shop windows) to the inside of mine, got rid of any hotspots and made everything a uniform brightness. i was pleased with it.

As soon as I get my cluster replaced I will be hitting you up for a cluster and AC controls make over. On my AC control one of the temp sliders light is out so I guess that doesn't matter since it's getting LED's?

As soon as I get my cluster replaced I will be hitting you up for a cluster and AC controls make over. On my AC control one of the temp sliders light is out so I guess that doesn't matter since it's getting LED's?

No, it doesn't matter if you have burnt out bulbs since they will be replaced anyways.
And why do you need a replacement cluster? If its bad stepper motors I know how to replace those also. If its a bad DIC or PRND321 display, I can't help you there.

No, it doesn't matter if you have burnt out bulbs since they will be replaced anyways.
And why do you need a replacement cluster? If its bad stepper motors I know how to replace those also. If its a bad DIC or PRND321 display, I can't help you there.

It's the PRND123 display. I've been driving without that display for a while, but i'd like to replace it before I send it to you. What's your turn time on the AC controls? It's has been getting warm and very cold here, don't want to get stuck without no heat on the cold days?

It's the PRND123 display. I've been driving without that display for a while, but i'd like to replace it before I send it to you. What's your turn time on the AC controls? It's has been getting warm and very cold here, don't want to get stuck without no heat on the cold days?

If its just an AC control panel I can complete that in a few hours. If UPS delivers early, I can even get it back to the shipping center by the time they close and it will be on its way back. I go straight to the main shipping center, not a UPS store. If you go to one of those UPS stores after their daily pickup then it actually won't ship until the next day.
Worst case scenario would be 2 days. And that would be if I have to cut the AC panel open. The thing about those sliders, is they can hard to remove. I have broken a few trying to pull the handle off and the metal bar rips off the board. If its REALLY stubborn, I have to dremel a hole in the bottom to get needle nose inside to grip the metal bar so I don't break it off the board. The hole I cut cannot be seen once the panel is mounted and the bezel is on.

i added reflective chrome tape (nashua foil tape, same shit i used as flashing for mah shop windows) to the inside of mine, got rid of any hotspots and made everything a uniform brightness. i was pleased with it.

pics?

i want to do everything is like a 6000k blueish white like my cluster

Good luck. White LEDs in the cluster look bluish white, but in anything else (I'm talking about 03-07c here) it just looks bright white. Looks like the stock bulbs, but brighter.