'02 Sierra Build thread

Couple of small things added today. First was the Denali cluster. Has a few more miles than stock cluster with added feature of Trans temp and 120mph.

Also snagged a cheap homelink panel and swapped it into my overhead console in place of the single button panel. Programmed and works like a charm. Easy swap to make life a little more simple.

Performed brake pads swap yesterday. Nothing to note but only felt like mentioning it here because GM really dropped the ball using T55 bolts for the caliper. Had to undo the bracket on the pass side so swap the new pads in. What a PITA but all is well on the braking side of things. Although the rear drums have been reputed to brake better, for simplicity purposes I'm happy I have the rear discs.
Haha I found out the same thing, got it all ready, wheels off, up on jack stands, then my torx wasn't big enough, had to put everything back together and take the other car and get the t55. pita

Sent from pasta.

Since I had to replace my pass side mirror due to a crack, I went ahead and replaced both with heated/power units and bought an HVAC unit with defrost. Thought about going with signals but felt these would be just fine...especially come winter time.

Last edited: