BigBlue02HD

Jun 11, 2012
Awesome! So... This thing will be Carlisle bound...?!?

Hell. I should leave Bigblue home and bring RCSB.... :hmm: lol. RCSB party!!!!

I'd have ALOT of work to do in the next three weeks to have that thing roll onto a "show field".

:crazy:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY

I'd have ALOT of work to do in the next three weeks to have that thing roll onto a "show field".

Yessss, do it! And don't worry about getting it show ready, mine sure as hell isn't. But I don't care, I'm going to have fun anyway

DV2000NJ

May 24, 2012

No no no, you have to bring the blue truck so I can steal the hood! I could steal the RCSB hood but then I'd have to paint it.

And I have a lot of work to do too... It should be interesting. :laugh:

They let me in there with the green truck though, I'm sure your RCSB is fine. :lol:

DV2000NJ

May 24, 2012
Good news and bad news.

Good news: I was able to stop by my buddy's shop last night and we got the notch all bent up.

ADF37DE4-4796-411E-8951-C338F08F9226_zpsx80sdv6i.jpg

5AD96EFA-63C2-4A88-8B28-4ACC0C36A3E7_zpsejedhptj.jpg

The bad news: I'm sick as shit and in no condition to be working on the truck. Next weekend shits getting real.

Last edited:

Alecks

Jul 9, 2012
Looks great. Feel better soon man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Dfw those notches. My bolt in mcg notches aren't doing so hot anymore lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
dang dan, you should make them notches for a living on the side, probably make a few extra bucks to get a nice turbo kit for the truck lol.

DV2000NJ

May 24, 2012
That looks awesome. Really wish I would've done something like that when I notched mine.

Yeah since I wasn't buying material in bulk and I needed it quickly it cost a shit ton, but in the long run I think it'll be worth it. I don't like any of the bolt in notches, and the AVS weld-in isn't bad, but I don't like that it isn't boxed.

Just with a quick look I can probably make one for 1/3 of the price I did this one for if I'm not forced to order stuff overnight from McMaster.

Dfw those notches. My bolt in mcg notches aren't doing so hot anymore lol.

Fak, do want those notches

dang dan, you should make them notches for a living on the side, probably make a few extra bucks to get a nice turbo kit for the truck lol.

I have no clue if these will actually fit the way I want them to, this is definitely the definition if a prototype, but if it works well I'd definitely be willing to work with anybody that wants one. Only issue is since my office doesn't have a waterjet in our showroom anymore I'd have to get a friend in on helping me produce them.

If anyone is interested though we can definitely talk. Since these would be one-off the depth of the notch could also be adjusted within reason.

Last edited:

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
Looks nice, the depth on it doesn't look any deeper than a Bolt in notch though. Would definitely need it deeper for Dakota :lol:

Sent from Tapashit

DV2000NJ

May 24, 2012
Looks nice, the depth on it doesn't look any deeper than a Bolt in notch though. Would definitely need it deeper for Dakota :lol:

Sent from Tapashit

Yeah it's only 2.5" deep, I'm only doing a flip kit in the rear and will be doing helper bags ASAP. The green truck had about as much clearance with no notch as this will with the notch and I never had issues without helpers on that thing. I just don't trust any of the off the shelf notches, and making shit is fun.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Frame starting to bend?

Yea it is. I think the bolt holes are stretched but it seems like it's getting worse every time I drive it. Gonna pull the bed off today and weld the notches up. Should have done that shit from the start but I planned on doing deeper notches later. I think my biggest problem though stems from when I hit that curb back in September. The truck got airborne and landed pretty hard.

Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
maybe i missed it but what was your quickest 1/4mile in the green truck, i really thought that truck was cool years back