BigBlue02HD

Jun 11, 2012
Well.... Meet the new "project"! :thumbsup:

As most of you know, the RCSB was totaled back in early March. Since then, I'd been back DDing the HD. I enjoyed driving it again. But, as always, I was itching for a replacement DD to keep the mileage/wear/tear off the HD. Once the dust settled from the RCSB settlement..... I was left with some money and I still had the RCSB. As much as I loved that truck, and I debated for a long time about trying to straighten it out and "restore" it, it was bent bad and would take ALOT of time and money to get it back where I'd want it. And, I'd STILL have a reg cab that wasn't ideal for our family of 5.

So, the search began..... Couple requirements! Early NBS... SUV or EC/CC Silverado?!? Pewter (reuse parts from RCSB). As rust free as you could get for the age. And, fit within my "DD budget"! CL and online searches were bringing up a lot of vehicles... But, bc of their age and life in the Northeast, they were becoming badly rotted out and full of "character" (dents, scrapes, miscolored body parts). By this point I'd pretty much given up on another pickup.... I have the HD for that. Focus was set on Tahoes/Burbs.

And, then I found it! Within my "budget", 98% rust free, nearby.... The perfect family hauler!!!!

It's a Pewter 01' Suburban. LS package. Full shale/pewter leather. 2nd row bench. 4wd, 5.3, 3.73s. Factory tow package. "Tinted to match" front windows and a new replacement Flowmaster. Aftermarket 20" rims, with chrome issues, so they'd painted them black. And, the guy demolded/debadged the doors. Other than that, stock!

Pics.... I haven't had a chance to clean it up yet or take many pics. But, will do in the near future.

ih1wzd.jpg

2na8emw.jpg

2m3pg6r.jpg

mcb4wh.jpg

Plans:

- HD hood (RCSB)
- CAI (RCSB)
- Ford keys/Bilsteins 5100s (RCSB)
- DIY BL (RCSB)
- Wheels/Tires (RCSB)
- Headlights/corners/foglights (RCSB)
- Stereo (RCSB)
- Colormatching - handles, mirrors, bumper cap (some parts from RCSB)
- Black Valance (RCSB)

Basically.... If you couldn't tell yet?!? I'm building the "family hauler" Burb' version of my old RCSB! :thumbsup: So far.... I love this thing and the kids love it too! Rides and drives great. I don't like the black wheels, at all....Not my style! I'll update this "build" as I make progress transforming this stocker into a clean, mildly modified, DD!

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Nice, glad you found something to fit the bill for the family. Should be sweet once you get everything swapped over!

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
:nice: gonna be sweet! Always enjoy seeing clean tahoes/burbs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BigBlue02HD

Jun 11, 2012
Made some progress so far this week! :thumbsup: Not much time after I got home from work and a painting side job.... But, I've gotten a few things done.

Interior got a full vacuuming and I scrubbed down EVERY interior panel. Wiped down dash, door panels, and cleaned the leather seats. Gonna condition the leather and shampoo the carpets next. Got my old Alpine HU in and the 6.5" Pioneers and Alpine tweeters swapped over into the front doors.

Got the taillights pulled and my LED reverse bulbs in. Then, I tackled swapping over all my front bulbs and nice headlights and mint, stock HD corners. In the meantime, I'd pulled the painted bowtie and mirror caps off the RCSB and resprayed them to freshen them up. Got all that stuff installed as well!

Looking better IMO! :cool:

16o3yd.jpg

1q0hg1.jpg

e0mn0l.jpg

BigBlue02HD

Jun 11, 2012
Nothing new today..... But, it's first wash! Cleans up pretty nice IMO. Got the RCSB fired up and turned around today. Now I can :secret: more parts!

:thumbsup:

Also.... Can anyone give me any insight on which wheels these are/were!?! That way I can list that in the ad and get them sold..... Center caps have a symbol. If I look at it "right" it almost looks like it could spell DUB. Are these a model of DUB brand wheels...?

2gv1yfs.jpg

2zz3z95.jpg

fdhp20.jpg

11ltnjn.jpg

:bawl: Poor ole' girl.....

2zpo110.jpg

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
woah damn, i didnt know the reg cab was totalled. that sucks. the rear slider any good??? :read:

the burb is lookin good though, its amazing what the swapped caps and a good cleaning did for it.. Those wheels really need to go.

BigBlue02HD

Jun 11, 2012
woah damn, i didnt know the reg cab was totalled. that sucks. the rear slider any good??? :read:

the burb is lookin good though, its amazing what the swapped caps and a good cleaning did for it.. Those wheels really need to go.

Yep.... Sucks! Olé girl didn't deserve that. :nono: Nope, rear slider is a cracked frame leaky POS. I planned on swapping this Summer.

Thanks! I agree.... Burb' will look good all "RCSB'd up"! And, I agree.... Wheels are going. Possibly sold already! Just not my thing....

BigBlue02HD

Jun 11, 2012
the 5 spoke silvy wheels going on or the FJ wheels?

Well... I've got three choices from the RCSB. Stock Silvy 16s/285s, FJs/ 33" MTZs, or the GMC 20s/305 Trails. Ultimately I'll run the 20s. But, I've gotta find a single wheel and tire bc that one was destroyed in the accident.

BigBlue02HD

Jun 11, 2012
So.... It's been a week. :shrug:

Moving right along.... I got some "things" done today.

Hmm.... :secret:
mwy44g.jpg

Beefy!!!! Amazing what tires/wheels and a HD hood do for a grocery getter mobile! :thumbsup:

5txgkn.jpg

wb5hc0.jpg

28uloj.jpg

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
I love it man. It's not a rcsb but dfw!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited: