00silvy's official 2000 Silverado Build thread

Cuz catch can be catchin all it can. Blowby is why the inside of your intake manny gets all slimey. Put a catch can on that line off the pcv and you'll be amazed by how much garbage fluid you collect. It's common practice on ALL lsx motors and I'll never run another of my motors without one.

Well worked on the truck long as I could today, had to finish up putting the Rush back together.

I replaced the fuel pump with my Delphi replacement. Along with new lock ring & fuel filter. I had a HELL of a time getting the lock ring off (so rusted) I ended up cuting it with tin snips, and ripping it off. I also replaced one of my HID ballasts, and fixed my battery terminals (changed to a side stud).

Well, about 4 hours ago, about 20 km from home, I blew up the rear differential. Didn't blow anything through the housing or anything, but the driveshaft just spins freely in the rear diff (yoke spins), but doesn't move the tires. In drive or reverse, clunks when truck moves also.

Had to get the truck towed home around 20km.

This is the very first time, the truck has ever left me stranded. 192K on original 10 bolt rear end (3.73's & G80). abuse probably didn't help.

$300 for a used one with 124K on it. Swap over my new brake lines, and my Tahoe rear brakes. And throw it in the truck.

Truck is being sold, as I have my eye on a Duramax.

If anyone is interested in anything on my truck, before I sell it. Feel free to PM me.

Well after alot of work, I finally got the truck into the garage (ended up pulling it with winch on quad, then cable snapped, so fixed that, then kept pulling)

I got a new diff for $200. out of a 01/02 silverado 1500, came with brakes, brake lines, and two junk tires on two GM 16's. 3.73 with G80 with 120K on it.

Took everything off, sanded it down, and stone shield painted it. Really love this paint.

Took my diff out. Was a pain as everything was dirty, sandy and snow was melting in the heated shop.

It ended up being the G80 that failed. fack you GM

Got everything cleaned up and ready to install new rear end

And got it all together, and took it for a little test spin. No noise, no clunk, runs smooth. Took me like 10 hours. Working slow, and I had to fight with rust, a couple snapped bolts, and siezed bolts. and painting/sanding, etc...

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Send me dat lift pls

I would sell it. But I dont have the patience to remove it anymore. Over it