Whos truck? Specs??

ckalke

Mar 1, 2013
Ive been doing research on droppin a crew cab and came across this truck on the forums and was wondering if anyone knows who this beauty belongs to. I want to do this drop and wanna find out how it was done and what the wheel specs are. Any help is greatly appreciated!

75502_10152596160795562_827973750_n.jpg

They did a build page on that truck is truckin a good while back..It's belltech's crew cab

Word, I'd guess 4/7. I guess being a truck for their business it fits well but def not my cup of tea to drive.

Truck looks good but that stripe shit on the side needs to go. Oh, and it's a 5/7.

KW automotive » Belltech Crew Cab gets Dropped!

ya i agree the stripe looks awful. i just like the drop this one had. thanks for the link!

one thing i dont get though is it you go on that link and look at picture 7,(i cant get the image link to put on here) they say thats a spindle, but from what i know that is a knuckle isnt it? would that "spindle" as they call it work with a 4x4 then??

Last edited:
You mean this one?

Spring-shock-and-spindle-in-place..jpg

"knuckles" are usually a term used on 4wd trucks. In reality, its the same as a spindle.

You mean this one?

Spring-shock-and-spindle-in-place..jpg

"knuckles" are usually a term used on 4wd trucks. In reality, its the same as a spindle.

ya that one. lol I'm a forum rookie still. so that would technically be the same piece (spindle/knuckle) if the truck was a 4x4? instead of there being a solid spindle coming through that, there would be the drive shaft?

thanks for the help man!

ya i agree the stripe looks awful. i just like the drop this one had. thanks for the link!

one thing i dont get though is it you go on that link and look at picture 7,(i cant get the image link to put on here) they say thats a spindle, but from what i know that is a knuckle isnt it? would that "spindle" as they call it work with a 4x4 then??

Yes it will work on a 4X4. I have a 08 sierra crew cab 4X4 dropped 4/6 with those spindles.

Probably so, its the double dip thing they have going on which throws it off.

one more question, when guys on here refer to adjustable struts and stuff, they are talking about the coilover shock suspension right? Werent struts what was used on the older body style trucks in the front?

one more question, when guys on here refer to adjustable struts and stuff, they are talking about the coilover shock suspension right? Werent struts what was used on the older body style trucks in the front?

The NNBS trucks use struts, just like a front wheel drive car has. The belltech struts allow you to adjust the drop or lift in 1/2 inch increments. The strut has a bottom spring seat that is removable so you can add or remove the adjustment rings to adjust ride height.

i thought that the new body style trucks are a coil over shock suspension. or are they really just the same thing with a different name just like i thought the spindles were knuckles when they are the same thing with a different name