Wheres this coming from?!?!

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Alright so i was checking my spark plugs bc i believe i have a mis somewhere (truck hesitates to take off does a little "puff puff puff then goes when i take off from a stop)

needless to say the plugs i dont think have been changed since the truck was owned 1st.

sparkplugs.jpg

anyways to the main point, as i was looking i noticed on the driver side on the manifold there was some type of liquid, looks like oil, not sure where it came from!!!!!

any ideas????
IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

My old truck had a similar fluid puddle on the manifold. It was actually semi burnt gas. Looked like oil. Was kind of thick like oil. But it was fuel leaking from under the carb. Replaced the gasket and it stopped.

Last edited:
My old truck had a similar fluid puddle on the manifold. It was actually semi burnt gas. Looked like oil. Was kind of thick like oil. But it was fuel leaking from under the carb. Replaced the gasket and it stopped.

I no have carb.....mines tbi. ive heard multiple things! some say those threaded rods with the nuts holding them down go into the lifter valley and to take them out and seal them and put em back in.......it didnt smell like gas ill check it again