..what is the stock layout for 95 k2500 sub 4x4?

japhethlarge5280

Jan 23, 2015
My truck wont smog cuz it has been modified with catback exhaust...the smog guy insisted that cat must go behind muffler toward rear..in order to pass smog.....but i look online and the cat is never behind the muffler...what is the stock layout for 95 k2500 sub 4x4?

That guy's an idiot. I don't know the exact location, one of the OBS guys will have to chime in but the cat most definitely goes in front of the muffler. Generally they're within the first foot or so behind the exhaust manifolds

Cats go under the front passenger feet, that guy is a complete moron. 95 should have one converter about 8-10" after the y pipe coming from the manifolds.

Have someone else smog the truck because that guy has less then zero automotive knowledge.

if the guy wants it behind the muffler just put it on as a exhaust tip. then you can take it off right after.

marc you do realize a cheap and I mean cheap cat is like atleast 50 bucks right?

go back to not giving advice please marc,

if the guy needs a cat and the guy says it has to be on after the muffler might as well make it easy to remove...

:fulloffuck:

I can't believe I'm going to say this but it kinda does make sense.

Eliminate muffler; problem solved

I kid

But seriously the guy either a.) Is legit mentally handicapped or b.) Just smart enough as to be stupid enough to tell people dumb shit like that.

Find a new shop or buy a sticker