What is the best way to make my V6 sound good?

kippjr23

May 5, 2012
Mainly the deep sound.
1994 V6 Silverado Regular Cab.

Is it possible?

Nothing raspy/annoying.

So its like almost impossible to make it sound good?
Ive heard that everywhere of course but it just seems as if with everything we have today there has to be some way or some system.

I have a magnaflow on my v6. Sounds like a boss idling and anywhere below 1800 rpm. After that it's crap lol

I used to have an 06 f150 with a 4.2 v6 and I tried a couple different mufflers, most made it sound like a Honda when over 1500-2000 rpms.. then a buddy of mine got ahold of a set stock mufflers off a maserati quattroporte that he sold me for $100, I put one on it and it actually sounded pretty good
csb

drop a v8 and it will sound good lol. You may look at a bigger case size muffler thats just a bit louder than stock and it may not be as bad. I just know that all the v6's I hear with exhaust sound ricer.

The best way to make a v6 sound good is by making sure no one can hear it!! :read:

Cub is right. If you put exhaust on a V6, all it does is lets EVERYONE know that you do not have a V8.

That Edelbrock muffler sounds alright. Might look in to Pypes Violators, they sound okay on some v6 mustangs though that's a whole different beast.

Probably would be best to stick with the stocker or get something quiet lol.