What brand of gears would you buy?

Motive 4.88s....no whine, read it's about how they're installed mainly. I like em, definitely one of the best things I've done for my truck too

you dont have a slight whine on very light throttle or let off? what about in 4wd any vibration problems at upper speed or noise?

Yea i never use auto in mine, i think its crap. I always select 4x4 but if like to be able to drag race in 2wd and sled pull in 4lo still so i want gears that will last in the front too

Hit and miss. I bought my trutrac and gears from Ron. Believe mine are yukon as well. Installer told me they had to set backlash 4-5 times to get it right. Mine is all good. But at 40ish-45ish have a slight hum.

yukons are great. I as long with many locals run usa standard gear they have treated us well and are cheaper.
Id stay away from richmond i had two sets, both wined both i broke.

Motives i have not heard much of but from what i have heard they are also a great brand.

My next set will be usa standard 4:56 and im going to get the moser rear cover that has the two studs to help this junk 10 bolt out some.

I have yukons, haven't broke them yet. A lot of the humming people get is unavoidable when getting into lower gears due to the way they are cut.

My exhaust is loud enough I'm not worried about minor humming, but I want to make sure I only have to do this once, and not end up changing ring and pinions every year because the one I buy is junk and breaks