v36 & v38

Reit38

Jan 23, 2014
I plan on purchasing the v36 & v38 combo this weekend. I plan on using v36 with an orange pad but have seen people use anything from blue,white,black for v38. I have blue foam pads already. What would be best to use with the v38.

There is no saying what pad will work best. Ever.

You step your pad up in aggressiveness depending on whether or not you are getting the scratches out. Always start least aggressive and move up from there. I never start with my heavy cut pads and polish, I always start from the least cut and work my way up until i am getting the deeper scratches out. Once i am happy with that I get my finishing compound out and my lightest cutting pad and repeat. Sometimes i dont even do a finishing polish because my Wolfgang Uber Compound leaves an excellent finish.

The truck really only had scratches from improper washing /drying. That's why I'm thinking this combo should work good.
I was leaning towards the white LC pads tho to go along with the v38
The blue and black foam pads I have are from HF so I figured they wouldn't be as aggressive as a normal foam pad

I've never used anything but lakewood foam pads and meg's MF pads so i cannot comment on the HF pads.

Just start with your least aggressive combination of pads/compound and see if that finishes off to your liking. If it doesnt finish off as well as you'd like then try something one step heavier.

Hf pads are awful. They slowly tear apart while correcting a vehicle. I was working on a hood once and thought it was weird I had a lot of dusting but it ended up being pieces of the pad.

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd