trying to do a drop....

madmann26

Sep 22, 2014
Lilburn, Georgia
So,

I have tried 2x now to do a drop on my truck. It's a 2006 ECSB Sierra, 2wd.

For the life of me, I am having the hardest time with the front. I can't seem to get the coil springs out or to a point to where I can get them out.

When I break the lower balljoint loose and lower the jack down, the balljoint tries to reseat itself in the LCA.

If anyone can point in a better direction, I'd love to know how to get the springs out.

Thanks in advance,

what do you mean reseat itself? jack up the truck A LOT...put the frame on jack stands....use a jack and jack up on the LCA a bit...knock loose the BJ bolts, remove the tie rod end and sway bar link. Remove the UCA BJ nut, remove the LCA BJ nut, remove the spindle, lower the LCA and slide spring out....replace with lowering parts...done

I've done what you said,

though,

I'm trying to do it without pulling the spindle off but by just removing the LCA balljoint nut and lowering the jack down. Spindle follows the balljoint and tries to reinsert itself into the LCA hole.

So what you're saying is that I need to pull the spindle completely off? Pull the caliper, rotor and spindle?

(Thanks BTW).

you don't have to remove the spindle if ur only doing spring swap. When u loosened the LCA BJ nut, did u hit it with a hammer so it would break loose?

and u took the tie rod end and sway bar link off? sounds like it didn't break loose completely if its still following the LCA down and no BJ nut on there

try jacking up the spindle....put the LCA on a jack stand and jack the spindle up and hit it where the LCA BJ is at...should pop out

if the tr and lower bj is completely separated from the spindle, it wouldn't follow. sure the weight of the parts would cause it to drop down, but move the spindle out of the way so it doesnt go back in. something isnt making sense here

Get a hammer. A big one.

But srsly, jack up lca so the ball joint comes out, then have another person pull the spindle out away from the truck while you lower the lca down. Done.
Sent from Tapashit