TruTrac

Thats to your own choice.

A locker will stay locked. When turning both tires will remain rotating at the same rate when they need to be rotating at a different rate (outside tire has a larger radius to travel vs the inside travels a shorter one thus the tires will rotate at a different rate) so say in slick conditions, turning you may find it uncomfortable and wanting to steer straight, while on dry pavement turning they will want to spin different speeds but cant and cause a bind and usually the inside tire will chirp sometimes when turning sharp. a locker usually causes stress and wear prematurely.

a tru trac, is considered a NON-SLIP differential, meaning it'll allow the tires to spin at a different rate but when you apply torque to a true trac (mashing on it) it forces it to lock both tires together thus spinning both for more traction. since they allow each rear tire to rotate at whatever speed the want during a turn its less stressful and binding.

Lockers tend to be cheaper, which is why if i break another true trac im just going to do a locker. I dont daily my truck so it wont bother me.

I think you're confusing a Detroit Locker with a spool or something.
Lockers are actually more expensive. And they are supposed to unlock when a side load is applied, but this causes the notchy action some complain about when street driving or parking. It can also try to drag front tires when going in reverse trying to turn sharp.

And trutrac doesn't lock both tires, it just attempts to send power to whatever side it thinks has the most traction.

I just picked up an Eaton LSD I may put heavier springs and steels into and try out in my Silverado for a change of pace this summer. Some complain it clunks and gets notchy too, but well see, as long as traction is solid, consistent, and predictable that's all I care about in a weekend warrior, dd is different.

When he was referring to a locker I mistook it. I thought he was referring to a full time possy rear. (100% locked at all times)
Your right I know trutrac doesnt really lock the tires together however for most part it acts like it does. Sure if you put one tire on cement and the other in mud it may deliver more power to the one on cement.
But for on road driving it really just acts like a locker at least IMHO. Dry both tires really have the same amount of traction. In a wet situation both tires will lack the same amount of traction so itll still act like a locker.

The idea behind the true track delivering more power to the tire that has the most traction i see only working when the rear tires have a drastic difference in traction from each other.
All i know is when i mash out with this 4000 yank it leaves 2 solid black lines which is all im worried about, however driving normal the rear is able to free spool each tire for parking and turning.

Yeah I gotcha, I guess i was just assuming what he meant by Locker too! cause there is also E-Lockers...

And I know what you mean, works the same with my 33's and 3600 yank in my lifted Sierra. But read my story earlier in the thread. Not quite the same in ice/snow and mud. Gotta apply brake to get both engaging, otherwise slow speed 1 wheel peel. although it still sets up some wicked fun drifts!

I had no problems with my value Trac until I grenaded it at the track.
You can't even buy a 8.6 full spool.
Minispools are garbage.
Just buy the tru trac,I recently bought a new one forma summit,as they were cheaper then rons.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

For what it's worth I have a Detroit locker in mine. Did tons of research and people said the trutrac will still allow one wheel to spin at times. Did not want that so I got a locker. Thing works flawlessly, unlocks around corners, if you hammer the throttle it will lock up and chirp the inside. Causes a problem driving in the rain it will send u sideways if it locks in a corner. But I couldn't be happier with the choice.