TruTrac

who is ron and why does his word matter, in all seriousness

i will pay more for something that performs better and last

The valu Trac hasn't really proven itself yet. There's a couple threads on pt and so on. Some have no issues others say they can't set them to spec. :shrug: It'll end up costing you more when your budget carrier blows and takes out your RnP, axles, and labor. Imo

I have a trutrac after exploding a few g80s. Well worth the money

sent from samsung galaxy lll using tapatalk ll

Old thread, but did you ever get a TruTrac? I see they keep going UP in price! When I got my first one I think they were like $365 new from Rons!

But funny story, just had to help pull a friends plow truck out where he went too far in the persons driveway and dropped the front tires off the end of the cement and wasn't going anywhere. Well I hooked up to him and with my bald ass 305 wide tires, I wasn't getting ANY traction on the snow either! Looked out window at my rear and drivers side rear tire was NOT spinning, ie one wheel peel.
Had to apply brakes to get torque engaged to both tires.
After I managed to yank him out with a few hard runs with a longass tow strap he got out of his truck and walked up to me smiling and was like so you're one of Those drivers, a double pedaller huh? Accelerating with the brakes on!
Ha I just laughed. That's one of my pet peeves when in traffic. But man, ya gotta do it when in slick shit with the TruTrac!
:csb2:

Last edited:
Haven't yet, still in the works, I get a kick when I see grandma or grandpa double pedel, going 75 with the brakes on

Old thread, but did you ever get a TruTrac? I see they keep going UP in price! When I got my first one I think they were like $365 new from Rons!

But funny story, just had to help pull a friends plow truck out where he went too far in the persons driveway and dropped the front tires off the end of the cement and wasn't going anywhere. Well I hooked up to him and with my bald ass 305 wide tires, I wasn't getting ANY traction on the snow either! Looked out window at my rear and drivers side rear tire was NOT spinning, ie one wheel peel.
Had to apply brakes to get torque engaged to both tires.
After I managed to yank him out with a few hard runs with a longass tow strap he got out of his truck and walked up to me smiling and was like so you're one of Those drivers, a double pedaller huh? Accelerating with the brakes on!
Ha I just laughed. That's one of my pet peeves when in traffic. But man, ya gotta do it when in slick shit with the TruTrac!
:csb2:

You could have set the parking brake a little haha.

value track was identical to the true trac and cheaper by 20 bucks.

They discontinued it a few months back maybe thats why the true trac is going up.
Iv broken one in the past

So when is it right to use a locker or a tru trac?

No black or white answer necessarily.
I'll recommend if you drive in snow or often on slick surfaces then don't go for the Locker, it will kick you loose in corners.
TruTrac is a seamless nearly unnoticeable transition of power. I believe it's a similar design to the Torsens used in rear diff of new BRZ/FRS and center diffs on some Audi Quattro, etc... rather popular with road racing crowd because it won't unload you unpredictably under force in corners unless you want it to. It's less and less popular in Offroad crowd though. Hit or miss on drag race crowd.

I wish they made a wavetrac in our size. If I ever (dreaming here) did a complete new rear end I'd go for a fabbed 9" with a wavetrac.

So when is it right to use a locker or a tru trac?

Thats to your own choice.

A locker will stay locked. When turning both tires will remain rotating at the same rate when they need to be rotating at a different rate (outside tire has a larger radius to travel vs the inside travels a shorter one thus the tires will rotate at a different rate) so say in slick conditions, turning you may find it uncomfortable and wanting to steer straight, while on dry pavement turning they will want to spin different speeds but cant and cause a bind and usually the inside tire will chirp sometimes when turning sharp. a locker usually causes stress and wear prematurely.

a tru trac, is considered a NON-SLIP differential, meaning it'll allow the tires to spin at a different rate but when you apply torque to a true trac (mashing on it) it forces it to lock both tires together thus spinning both for more traction. since they allow each rear tire to rotate at whatever speed the want during a turn its less stressful and binding.

Lockers tend to be cheaper, which is why if i break another true trac im just going to do a locker. I dont daily my truck so it wont bother me.

Last edited: