Truck shifting 1-3-4 at WOT.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Is this normal?

Put it in drive, from a stop or even a kick down into 1st at WOT it'll shift from 1st to 3rd. I've always been under the impression that all 4L60e equipped trucks did this. I know 4.3 Blazers did it, and so does my truck.

I was timing 0-60 with a friend last night for a baseline before I get my custom tune done and shaved an entire second off of my time by selecting the gears myself. It pulled a lot harder after the 1st shift too.

I know there's nothing "wrong" with my truck but sheesh.

I honestly have never driven a NBS or NNBS RCSB with your drivetrain, I wonder if it is something with that?

Fucked around with the Diablosport tonight... seems like I have it shifting 1-2-3-4. PUlls like a fucking bear now.

I hope you don't mind my bumping this thread, but I feel like mine is doing the same thing. I punch into WOT, have a shift in the 30-40mph range, then only one other one around the 80-90 range, after which it slows way down.

I'm having a tune update when BB comes back to town. I asked him about this(through email,) and he told me that if I was shifting 1-3-4, the 3-4 shift would be in the 135mph range? I wouldn't think that the transmission had such a wide band range.

It's tuned by BB, so I find it odd how it shifts like that. After the first shift, it feels slow until the RPM range gets up a little bit, then it will pull hard. I've done quite a few launches to test this out. What RPMs is your truck shifting at if you don't mind my asking? I'm guessing you tuned the RPM ranges tight.

When I had a speed limiter... I would always hit the limiter BEFORE I shifted out of 3rd.

What was happening with my truck is it would shift out of 1st at around 49mph like it was supposed to, grab 3rd instead of 2nd and then fall on its face. It was a pain in the ass and the truck felt like a dog because of it. Your shift in the 80-90 range is definitely into 3rd gear... I'll take a video of the speedometer when I do my WOT log so you can see the shift points.