The Police Have Some Voodoo

I'm just so confused by it. I was wondering about the 5.7 myself. But it seems like they just had extra tahoe parts laying around so they threw them on. Like that's even possible.

Could also be incorrectly described - most likely.

Last edited:
A quick vin check, it is a 4.3 truck that was a theft recovery and a total loss rebuild. Probably not a "state vehicle", but stolen property or a confiscated drug dealers truck etc. 4.3 could have easily been swapped to an old school carb 350, or an LS swap, or just an idiot that didn't know what he was punching in. Also, I can't remember what year they quit, but for a few years after the NBS, Mexican trucks were branded the "Cheyenne" and came with the old L31 Vortech 5.7 in the NBS body. Could have been swapped with that.

Maybe if it was like 5.4 or 5.2. But to be off by .4 is just retarded, especially for a state vehicle

sent from my HTC Rezound

Right, as if they used a calculator and made an addition error.

This happens ALL the time when non-auto sites list details about autos. Most of that shit is done by drop downs. Even some auto sites fuck it all up. Take kbb for instance. They give you the option to choose dual rear wheels on a half ton NBS crew - ever seen one of those? NO. Why do they even have that option.

Idk even know why I said state vehicle..for some reason I read it as Police surplus, not Public surplus loll

But garret, so basically this thing is a fucking mess on wheels lol

sent from my HTC Rezound

Last edited:
A quick vin check, it is a 4.3 truck that was a theft recovery and a total loss rebuild. Probably not a "state vehicle", but stolen property or a confiscated drug dealers truck etc. 4.3 could have easily been swapped to an old school carb 350, or an LS swap, or just an idiot that didn't know what he was punching in.

This. From the shit seats, stick shift, steering wheel, rubber floors and door panels, I'd say it's a base model 4.3 work truck. Probably siezed in a raid half way through construction.