Static06's slow build thread

static06

May 26, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
Some of you know I recently got a new truck so I'm gonna put up a build thread. There won't be much major changes happening but will do little by little.

Here are the specs
5.3 with 4L60E
Black Cloth interior

Engine Mods:
GMPP Cold air polished intake
OBX longtube headers and ORY
Big oval magnaflow dumped at the axle
Nelson tune

Drivetrain:
Circle D 3000 stall converter
vette servos
Detroit tru-trac with 4.10's

Suspension:
McGaughys 4/7 drop spindles, springs, and flip kit
Belltech shocks
20" MB wheels

Visual:
Billet grill and bowtie
all interior silver trim have been colormatched (see pics)
pioneer in dash DVD player with ipod hookup below dash

Pics
E81CA2AC-C896-4350-BE35-F61BE761D011-39026-00000D24A5622E1D_zpsab676c95.jpg

C750BCD8-F58D-440C-AA49-75EC7A4D0A0E-39026-00000D249F9FC39E_zps499a916f.jpg

DSC02716_zps00b57131.jpg

DSC02718_zps99846945.jpg

Future Plans
Figure out abs issue and exhaust leak
Colormatch handles
Switch to calspeed headers
Add exhaust tips
'12 HD front end
Cam swap
Maybe go with a different tune

I say keep the headers on there...no need to spend more on new ones, unless for some odd reason those are hacked or trashed.

Looks dope, just needs another inch more low in the front to match the rear.

Kept it. I know I would regret it later and it will end up going to an auction if I traded it in and i didn't want that to happen. Thanks guys I'm happy with the truck overall, even though it has some minor issues

I say keep the headers on there...no need to spend more on new ones, unless for some odd reason those are hacked or trashed.

Looks dope, just needs another inch more low in the front to match the rear.
I'm gonna get 275/55 all around. Headers aren't hacked. I was planning to swap headers yesterday but my brother said he would pay for the new ones so idk yet if I do wanna do it. I'll be changing the manifold gaskets maybe this weekend cause the leak comes from the passenger side

Congrats on the truck, looking forward to see what you do with it. It'll look awesome with the hd front end.

Pioneer is different, it has to get power after the ignition for the dvd..you could put it on a relay
On mine they changed the software so you can't even use a relay anymore..I just put a small black toggle out of sight

Looks good. Front would look better a bit lower. Some colormatching and cleared headlights would set it off really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not messing with the suspension at all. I will leave it as is and get factory tires or 265/50/20. Cleared headlights will be done this weekend, hopefully.