SSneekey6.0 build

SSneekey6.0

Mar 26, 2012
Nashville, TN
Figured I'd start one of these to update as I do things. Just took my final measurements so I can order new axles this week. Got rid of my bed that was messed up and gonna be getting a new one soon. Plans are pretty simple
Narrow axle 2.5 on each side
Dropping it another inch or so overall
Shaved stake pockets on new bed
10 bolt swap with 4.10's and Tru trac
Full paint job
Here's how she sits as of right now..(crappy cell pics FTL)
2012-03-26182943.jpg

2012-03-26183013.jpg

Last edited:
what drop is it at now? and what do you mean by full paint job :questionmark:

looks great. make me want a ex cab nbs!

^I have 3" DJM LCA's and keys up front. Out back is MCG flip, drop shackles and helpers.
I'm gonna get the whole truck re-painted. It's got alot of little scratches and stuff that are too deep to buff out. Tossed around the idea of a color change but might just go with black again. Hoping to have it ready to be painted next year.

With all this under the bed work, i thought maybe a full frame paint job, that'd be clean.

By the looks of the pics the paint is mint, if it isnt a DD keep it black!

I actually sprayed the frame off and most of the undercoating is gone. So the frame is definitely getting some attention while the diff gets narrowed. Yeah pics are deceiving lol. It's not bad cause I keep it clean even while it sits in the garage. But the paint was in poor shape when I got the truck. But I have a family member that's a painter so I knew I could get it fixed on the cheap.

Well got a kick in the nuts yesterday. Went to order shorter axles just to find out noone makes them for a 9.5 14bolt s/f. FML! So now I'm swapping a buddy for his 10 bolt and adding gears/locker and whatever else to beef it up.

Well got a kick in the nuts yesterday. Went to order shorter axles just to find out noone makes them for a 9.5 14bolt s/f. FML! So now I'm swapping a buddy for his 10 bolt and adding gears/locker and whatever else to beef it up.

Did you try contacting Moser about some custom ones? just an option before you ditch ur 14 bolt for a 10

Did you try contacting Moser about some custom ones? just an option before you ditch ur 14 bolt for a 10

Yeah moser is who told me they dont make custom shafts as big as the stock ones. Tried 3 other places and got told the same thing. Sucks but gotta pay to play!

^Thanks! Ehh it could be worse. At least with a 10 bolt I'll gain a little more clearance in the notch seeing as how the axle shafts are smaller than my 14 bolt. Also it'll weight alot less than a 14 bolt. As long as I get that G80 outta there it should be just as strong as what I got.

Got the 14bolt swapped for a 10bolt and all stripped down. Just waiting on my axles to get here Monday from Moser. Got some 4.10's and a tru trac with a perfect launch diff cover also going on. Hoping to get everything done and back together before Black Bear comes to Nashville.
2012-04-04204005.jpg

2012-04-04204030.jpg