Important!: Sound deadening and what you like

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
I have noticed that my interior noise is pretty loud on the interstate. Wanting to quite it down a little bit. I have been reading a few build threads and on the internet about using sound deadening mat of some sort.

So please tell:

What did you used?

How you like it?

How much material did you use/were all did you put it?

What did it cost/were did you get it?

From my short little research i came up with this stuff Fatmat Sound Deadener Products FatMat Dynamat Xtreme Alternative , not sure how good it is but seems reasonably priced. Also found this dyna mat sheet stuff. DYNAMAT DYNALINER 12 SQ.FT SOUND DEADENING HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR INSULATION SHEET on eBay!

Im looking to do my floor, back wall, rear side doors and maybe the driver doors and roof, depending on how difficult it is to take apart on my ECSB truck.

Last edited:
Im going to use B-Quiet products.

I think for now, just doing floor, back wall, and rear doors. That should quiet it down a good bit.

Now question on what yall would do:

To do said parts its roughly 45sqft of material that will be needed.

They come in 1ftx50sqft rolls

Should I do ultimate and buy one roll for just whats listed above? Or do extreme, buy 2 rolls and double layer it or do the whole truck. Extreme is cheaper but has the asphalt (reviews said they couldnt smell the asphalt) and is also less as effective, but not buy much.

Material prices can be found here and data about sound deadening material B-Quiet sound deadening materials - Compare B-Quiet with Dynamat

originally used dynamat, tore it out and replaced with second skin damplifier. wouldnt use anything else.

two layers on floor and back cab wall, one on roof, inside and outside of doors. dont know exactly how much i used, but spent a good amount since i doubled up in places.

Last edited:
For one role of the b-quiet ultimate is 130ish. That should be enough to do floors, back wall, and rear doors.

I bought a bulk pack of hush mat. Love it.
e8yve4y8.jpg