Rant: Shock Fitment / Suggestions

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Well ever since i got my truck a couple years ago i was told the front shocks needed replaced, Ive put it off and put it off and figured i should just do it.

I was reccomended the Monroe Reflex monotube shocks from my mechanic but ive heard so many good things about the Bilstein 5100s on ride quality and havent heard any negatives.

Idk if i read right but the 5100s are for 2-4 inch lifted trucks?? Im not lifted at all but i want the truck to ride better and id really like the 5100s but if they arent for a stock truck or itd be pointless to buy now (since im not lifting yet) or if i should go with the monroes or something else?

OBS 5100s are actually for 4-6" lift. The Bilstien 4600 (yellow body) ride good, buddy had them on his 97 ECSB and it rode great. I had the cheap Monroes in my 88 and it rode like a brick but the rears were junk and its also shorter than your truck.

OBS 5100s are actually for 4-6" lift. The Bilstien 4600 (yellow body) ride good, buddy had them on his 97 ECSB and it rode great. I had the cheap Monroes in my 88 and it rode like a brick but the rears were junk and its also shorter than your truck.

I thought it was 4-6 but just did a vague search of them and said 2-4 i stand corrected! Thanks man! Probably shoot for the 4600s