SDM Build Thread

Never realized how bad the difference was until i bought mine and test drove a trail premium and trail one day after the other. I got in the trail and was like "oh shit, there's WAY more headroom" i get it now......

Also, i think thats the first photo I've seen of the wheels in the sun. I LOVE them, so much want. But, wont look good on fgt classic silver metallic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They make a silver color as well as black. :read:

Little update. I got my matching Rim for my spare.
f9293e81d8f280291248eda88448c070.jpg

Also just ordered the parts to move my blinker to my lower red panel on my bumper. I'm going to utilize the OEM blinker location (clear) on the tails and wire in LEDs to the Rigid flasher for dust lights with a switch on my console. Will update the thread!

i think its the way the picture is taken it looks like a 40" tire lol also probably cant see shit out the back window anymore

It's a full size 35" spare and I can see perfectly fine. It sits low and I drive it daily. Drivability was a major thought process throughout the build. I can see 75% out of my back window.

Anything else you'd like to illogically bitch about? Or are you good now?

Reactions: Dynamatt and BigBoi
It's a full size 35" spare and I can see perfectly fine. It sits low and I drive it daily. Drivability was a major thought process throughout the build. I can see 75% out of my back window.

Anything else you'd like to illogically bitch about? Or are you good now?

i think i am good, but ill let ya know if something comes up.

Reactions: Dynamatt
Just checked mine for comparisons sake

Method list 20x9 at 39.1lbs
Toyo is 33x12.50x20 at 69lbs
So......

Total assembly is 108.1

Fml
:whoa:

Also, ill have video tonight of my dust lights and blinkers. Blinkers have been relocated and completed, i had to get different LEDs for the dust lights though but everything is wired. Will post the pics and the video tonight once i complete it.

Ok, completed this project.

Relocated blinker to the originally unused reflector lens on the bumper. Utilized the OEM blinker location for rear facing dust lights for approach visibility while off-road. I used the Rigid flasher module with a Toyota style off road lights button to fill a blank on my knee bolster area. I have swapped the OEM incandescent bulbs to high power and high lumen amber LEDs. We will see how this cuts through the dust and sand in the coming weeks. I've had some close calls with friends following me on dry trails. With them being unable to see me when i've stopped and they're quickly approaching and have to veer off to avoid hitting me.

34505216213_3e299b1a4b_b.jpg

35315524945_035a4ddede_b.jpg

35185505461_cecab90080_b.jpg

34927887340_d323407fb7_b.jpg

34472080464_e8e54e7187_b.jpg