Remove oil?

static06

May 26, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
What's the fastest and effective way to remove oil off paint? I just happened to drive through a long ass oil spill thinking it was wet tire marks buuuuut it was oil. Saw the tanker spilling it when I turned the corner. Got most of it off pressure washing it but its still there. Any ideas? Besides aircraft stripper Jared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pressure washer with a burner or dish soap. Orrrrrrr you could get a paper towel and matches then burn the leftover oil residue off.

re2yre4a.jpg

a8egu6yj.jpg

Passenger side is the worst. I'm gonna try soap and water first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I used WD40 on mine when I ran thru some oil a couple weeks ago, it worked great and didn't seem to mess anything up. I just went to the car wash and sprayed it on the truck then took a rag and wiped it down. Then washed it like normal and it turned out good. Good luck tho!

any degreaser will work. wash the area and re-wax after. why the fuck would you use easy off oven cleaner........ :facepalm3:

Last edited:
Diesel fuel is also a a good alternative to dissolve the oil. Soak an old towel or rug in it and rub gently on the surface. Wash it thoroughly and apply wax.