recommend a navi DD

Holy fack, $140 is a steal for the previous version. Especially when Crutchfield throws in the install equipment. Might pick up for the Si.

app radio can slowly burn in hell. I have one in the 2500 but it's for ifgts and I have a gs3 so all it's good for is radio. think about that, I had to find new stations every 30 miles going to Shreveport and back. I was tempted to stop at a Walmart on the way and pick up a cheap single din for the trip so I could atleast listen to my cd's

app radio can slowly burn in hell. I have one in the 2500 but it's for ifgts and I have a gs3 so all it's good for is radio. think about that, I had to find new stations every 30 miles going to Shreveport and back. I was tempted to stop at a Walmart on the way and pick up a cheap single din for the trip so I could atleast listen to my cd's

Butt hurt android user :IMO:

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

bumping this back up, my phones aux only half works, meaning when plugged in, half the speakers work, and warranty ran out a month ago. So instead if buying a new phone, I'm finally upgrading the headunit so I can give my GPS to my mom or dad.

I currently have the: Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT In-Dash DVD Multimedia AV Receiver: Car Electronics

So, that being said, I don't want to fool with changing anything out, so can I just buy a Pioneer and use the current harness/wiring?

As of late I have not been impressed with pioneer H/U's, the last couple that I and friends have had have been lack lust at best.

My new HU, is one that is dicontinued so it can be had at a good price, look at the JVC KW-NT300, the new one is the 350. It has a dual core processor and the nav maps are loaded on a SSD ( nav by naveto, does the OEM GM nav ) and it loads up super fast when the truck starts and then its ready to go. Reads a USB stick super fast and the picture quality is excellent. You can find it on Amazon for around 500.

Amazon.com: JVC KWNT30HD 6.1-Inch 2-DIN Navigation Touch HD Radio: Car Electronics

plus the built in bluetooth is nice, and it actually fit in the cavity, no smashing or fighting wires to get it in. I wish I would have upgraded to this ALOT sooner
no map updates, so this turns me off

My experience with any aftermarket navigation sucks ass at best. These have probably come along way since I tried one years ago though. I really am thinking about trying the Simplesoft unit or the advent ogm1.

As far as the pioneer goes and switching one for one there is a good chance that may happen but if all you have to do is switch the harness that is a pretty easy job. The only thing you may run into is adding a bypass relay to run the DVD while the truck is in motion.

Im still really pleased with the JVC KW-Nt300....the NT310 is out now. I have been using the nav a bunch for work and it has found everything right on the money and guidence has been very good. On the whole, after 6 months of use I have no issues to report.

Yeah...but Texas, especially Dallas, always has road construction and population growth. My Garmin has got me lost or taken me the wrong way etc many times. I'd need something with up-to-date support.