recommend a navi DD

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
My 3200bt is pissing me off since it won't load a pic and my garmin holds a charge as long as Fogle keeps cars(for those not following...he always flips cars).

So im debating on upgrading to a nicer unit. I want to retain any harness I've already purchased if that matters.

sub'd. looking for a good dd with built in navi. I have the Bose system so I'd have to get a harness for anything aftermarket, or so I've been told.

I love my avh4500bt but as most other pioneer dd you have to buy the navi module separately..it has a ton of features and is a 7" screen which is what I was going after

I had a harness for you. But you dicked off and never came and got It. Offered it to your brother too. I gave it to Billy today.

If you upgrade, get a 7" imo
even if you don't watch movies on it the bigger screen is so much nicer and would be better for navi.. I got mine for $450 then bought the cable for my iPhone for $70 so I can use it for Netflix, Internet, and pandora..so $520 total which isn't bad at all compared to some headunits out there

Pac SWI-PS was $30 shipped on ebay. Easy install. Wire to head unit ant spot. Power ground and tap into factory wire. Then program it.

As of late I have not been impressed with pioneer H/U's, the last couple that I and friends have had have been lack lust at best.

My new HU, is one that is dicontinued so it can be had at a good price, look at the JVC KW-NT300, the new one is the 350. It has a dual core processor and the nav maps are loaded on a SSD ( nav by naveto, does the OEM GM nav ) and it loads up super fast when the truck starts and then its ready to go. Reads a USB stick super fast and the picture quality is excellent. You can find it on Amazon for around 500.

Amazon.com: JVC KWNT30HD 6.1-Inch 2-DIN Navigation Touch HD Radio: Car Electronics

plus the built in bluetooth is nice, and it actually fit in the cavity, no smashing or fighting wires to get it in. I wish I would have upgraded to this ALOT sooner

Kenwood has a pretty sick DD with the Garmin app built in, it's about $800. I was really tempted to get it, but I ended up going with the Pioneer AppRadio which has one of the nicest display on the market

Pac SWI-PS was $30 shipped on ebay. Easy install. Wire to head unit ant spot. Power ground and tap into factory wire. Then program it.

Save your time and money and buy the axxess brand remote adapter. You give it 12 volts and tap into the correct wire for the steering wheel controls and done. No programming at all. I have used the PAC and programming sux. The axxess is much easier to use.

Kenwood has a pretty sick DD with the Garmin app built in, it's about $800. I was really tempted to get it, but I ended up going with the Pioneer AppRadio which has one of the nicest display on the market

How do you like the app radio?

I don't watch DVD's on mine, so I am not so much worried about the clarity. I am however more concerned with how fast the unit functions, and convenience. App radio would be cool, but all I really use is pandora.

I'm in no rush, so I'll keep researching. Thanks for all the input.