Really annoying squeaking

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Alright well starting about a week ago my truck started making a really annoying squeaking noise towards the right rear of the truck. Just got all new brakes in November pads rotors and parking brake shoes. I dont think its the brakes anyway because the squeaking only starts when the truck is driving at certain rpm's. Like 1500- 1900 rpm and then sometimes higher rpm's when I get on it. But when I let of the gas and just let the truck roll, there is no squeaking. I had my dad listen to it yesterday and he thinks its a muffler issue. The sound is only coming from the right rear(where the tail pipe is) and the sound is rpm and engine load related. He thinks that a baffle has come loose and is making the noise , that or it could be the catalytic converters.

Any thoughts? Muffer is a 3 yr old Dynomax super turbo truck has 145,xxx on it.

Bump. Need help guys. Did some searching, considering it may be bad u joints. it only squeaks when Im rolling and i accelerate. If im stopped and rev the engine... no squeak. Im thinking its the u joints cause it breaks up and changes pitch when going over bumps and it the squeak becomes more rapid as give it more gas, as soon as i lift the pedal it goes away

U joints. Acle seal, leaf springs. Need to get it on a lift, or jack stands

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If you have drop shackles, or if youve ever removed the factory stock ones, you might have over tightened them. If it is, you can use white lithium grease, and by removing the tightness on it.

If you have drop shackles, or if youve ever removed the factory stock ones, you might have over tightened them. If it is, you can use white lithium grease, and by removing the tightness on it.

You mean loosening them?

it twas the u joints my friends. The rear joint closest to the axle basically crumbled in my hand when i removed the cap to check out the bearings. Replaced both front and rear joints on the rear driveshaft (1pc). Took around 4 hrs had to take it to girlfriends fathers friends house to use the hydraulic press and torch.

I need to have mine checked soon, I've got a slight rotational squeek, not sure if U joints or yoke or xfer case or what

Advanced Auto parts Moog 234 Rear Shaft at Rear Axle; 4WD; Regular Cab Pick Up; U Joint - Non-Greaseable Super-Strength
Rear Shaft at Transmission; 4WD; Regular Cab Pick Up; U Joint - Non-Greaseable Super-Strength.

I couldn't decided if I wanted grease-able or not. The factory ones weren't grease-able so I went with non grease-able

My brother took some pictures with his iPhone, ill get the pics and post them up so you guys can see how bad they can get. The bearings inside the factory ones turned to powder.

Sounds good. I want to change mine out. Don't know if its the same. But can't hurt. I need to see exactly what it is for my 06 ccsb 2wd.

it gonna be different part numbers atleast. Cause you have a crew cab, you have a 2 pcs driveshaft I believe. Install was pretty tough. If your truck was exposed to salt better have some rust breaking fluid, a torch and hydraulic press handy. Even with all that it still took 4 hours. And if your driveshaft is rusty like mine was, it would be a good idea to clean up the yokes because I had rust build up there and it made it hard to install the retaining clips on the new u joints because that rust build up threw off the size of the groove for the clip by a couple thousandths. We had to take some material off the clip with a grinder and then clean up the yokes the best we could with the u joint already installed with a small screwdriver.