Opinions on this drop for the front

DaddyFerg

Feb 7, 2014
I have a 2003 silverado RCSB. Wanting to do a 5/7. Was told I could buy 3" drop springs and cut them for extra drop and I could do a 5" drop in the front that way.

The only reason for not doing spindles was to save money. Lol. But I want it to ride good

Buy coilovers. I'm at 5.5" and rides so much better than when I was 4" on spindles and coil springs. If you factor in cost of spindles, coils and shocks, it isn't that much more. $500 more but way better ride and you can adjust it. I wish I did it in the beginning.

I'm still on spindles. 5" on just coilovers is not a good idea.

Last edited:
I ordered 2" spindles and 3" coil springs. And a flip kit for the rear. I'm doing a 5/7 drop. Or 5/8. Lol but I wanted to save some. Haha. When you guys say the ride was shitty what exactly was shitty about it?

its not shitty it just rides like a lowered truck. You can really expect something dropped 5 inches from factory travel to ride like a cadillac. It'll be fine.

Shitty=horrible bumpsteer, rough ass ride, bouncy.

Make sure to get a sectioned crossmember too.

Was it bearable? Sure. But coilovers were worth the extra coin.

Mine has McG's 2" spindles and McG's 3" springs, it rides pretty smooth not too far off from stock IMO. I plan to cut the springs to gain 1" more drop since the 3" on a RCSB only drops 2" accoding to McG's rep.

its not shitty it just rides like a lowered truck. You can really expect something dropped 5 inches from factory travel to ride like a cadillac. It'll be fine.

:shake:
People expect too much out of lowered fullIsize suspension imo

some don't want to sacrifice...I did, now I don't!

think about it, why do Cadillacs ride good? Because of engineering of the suspension...money. After several setups, and DD'ing mine, I like, no, LOVE my coilovers. I rode in your truck, no fucking way I'd drive that shit every day!

I don't personally know what some of your trucks ride like, but after a couple setups with mine, I've determined I wouldn't do it any other way. Just giving my thoughts on the subject.

you're right, because everyone who has ran them, or rode in my truck after the install fully understands why. Gotta get the info out there to folks imo.

yes sir, Eddie had just coilovers for a 4" drop and his was rough, but he also had his adjustment up too, I ride in the middle so it's more comfortable.