Opinions on Jl audio 13tw5

DaddyFerg

Feb 7, 2014
I'm going to be putting it in a single cab truck. With a jl audio slash 500/1 v2 amp.

Decent sub, for a flat sub. I think you can do better for the money, but will definitely sound better with a full depth sub. What truck is it going in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JL always sounds great. Great quality, etc. Price is very high compared to other subs that are equally good. Food for thought, never really heard anyone complain about JL other than cost.

There's a guy on wakeworld selling a brand new w6 for $225
I'd scoop that sucker up if you're looking for JL!

Going in this. Id like to keep my middle seat and fold down console.
ysabaqy7.jpg
I'm gonna be getting the 13tw5 in JL box and a slash 500/1v2 amp for 400. That a good deal?

Going in this. Id like to keep my middle seat and fold down console.
ysabaqy7.jpg
I'm gonna be getting the 13tw5 in JL box and a slash 500/1v2 amp for 400. That a good deal?

It not a bad deal for the equipment. I personally like more sound than that slim sub will probably produce.

Jared does make a point about the only complaint about JL is price. They do make a great product.

What are your end goals for the system? Just the sub and stock speaker setup? Sounds quality build? Just loud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
what do you run kris?

Sub stage is sundown sae-1000d powering an older stereo integrity magnum 12". Purely a sound quality setup...I kinda got away from the "overkill" sub setups a few years ago.

I like quality with sound. But I don't have to have my ears bleeding lol. I will eventually replace the door speakers and rear speakers. Probably be all with system wise. I would like to have some room behind my seat is why I kind of want the shallow mount JL. I am a fan of JL.

Sub stage is sundown sae-1000d powering an older stereo integrity magnum 12". Purely a sound quality setup...I kinda got away from the "overkill" sub setups a few years ago.

Does it for behind the seat? I need something that fits behind/under the seats cause I have mine all the way back and use the jump pretty frequently

Sent from my potato

Does it for behind the seat? I need something that fits behind/under the seats cause I have mine all the way back and use the jump pretty frequently

Sent from my potato

I build my own boxes, but yes the sub fits. The sub is discontinued, but their newer version is even slimmer. No first hand experience with it, but if it's anything like my mag v4 it's a great sounding sub! It takes the 1000watts with ease. No distortion at all.