Opinion on a cowl hood? nnbs

iTzTy

Oh.
Oct 5, 2013
WV
So, as the title says, whats your opinion on them? It's for a nnbs, and mytrucks wrecked, so I get the option for either an oem hood or a cowl hood with a '13 split grille, or if I can find one cheap a full HD front. Functioning ram air is also a possibility, but that's not cheap. But, I'd rather go oem or cowl, so what does everyone else think? If you like them, which one do you like? I know they aren't some peoples preference, but oh well. I kind of like them.

I've been looking at these: (They won't come from this website, just a place for pictures)

#1 Reflexxion
Replace® RFX702610 - Chevy Silverado 2008-2010 Hood Panel
http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...06d1268595527-new-hood-3-5-drop-img_07051-jpg

#2 RKSport Ram Air
RKSport® - Chevy Silverado 2007-2010 Ram Air Hood

#3 Street Scene
Street Scene 95071129 | Hood; Cowl Induction Style;

If you have any you like, or opinions out of the three vs stock, I'd like to see them. Also, steel is a necessity. Not going with fiberglass or the duraflex hood.

P.S: I'm too lazy to add pictures, it won't kill you to click a link.

Thanks guys, I think I like the rk the best, but I'm not fully set on it yet. I'd really like to do HD, but I need to know some stuff on it first.
Can I switch to any year hd, or would it have to be '10, since mine is?
Will an hd bumper still work with a body lift and the brackets for a non hd bumper?

This truck is what has turned me to look at the hd front end, but it's the older style.
truckplans.jpg

Last edited: