ok quick 22" rim/ tire question

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
ok so i found rims and tires on Craigs list for a very good price, and i would really appreciate some help.

they are chrome 22x9.5 rims with a -5" back spacing and just found Fitment: Low Offset for trucks and some SUVs

the wheels are ultra mako wheels

they will be going on my 2006 lbz with 2" lowering shackles

A) can anyone tell me if they will poke ?

B) what tire should i run on this rim ? thinking 285/50/22

and before anyone says :no: i like them and i think my truck could pull off 22" wheels.

thank you!!

Last edited:
I don't think they will poke that much my x10 on 305 -19 stick out only 1 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah since i am rear lowered i think i could get away with a 305/45/22 right now i am running a 305/55/20....

Last edited:
this is cornells old truck 2" shakles and i think he is running a 305/45/22 in this picture.

just took fender measurements i am 40" on the dot all the way around... so if i go with these 22's i will need to run the 305/45/22 there is no way i can fit a 285/55/22 in there unless i crank my bars up more but that isn't happening.

Last edited:
You can do anything you want as long as you are scared of the sawzall

You can do anything you want as long as you are scared of the sawzall

:no: and if i got with the 305/45 i can maybe still get wheel spacers eventually to stance it out

Stance and Duramax do not belong on the same page. I hate this new trend of wide ass wheels with street tires/ats on a minimal lift/lowered truck. Your truck though. Those wheels would look good on a leveled setup with MTs though.

Stance and Duramax do not belong on the same page. I hate this new trend of wide ass wheels with street tires/ats on a minimal lift/lowered truck. Your truck though. Those wheels would look good on a leveled setup with MTs though.

it will be just like it is now keys cranked like 3 turns in the front and 2" drop shackles in the back making it 40" all around then i will run the 22x9.5 rims with a 305/45/20 a/t not running an MT on here just yet.

word, for $400 I'd run them. I actually don't think they look bad at all, way better than some of the shit I see being ran!

getting tire quote from a buddy... i dont really wana run 400 dollar rims and 1600 dollar tires