Nick_H's Generic Red Silverado Build

By the way where did you go for the paint correction and how much was it?

Guy that works at the shop has a shop at home. His friend does it on the side, or main job who knows. Either way did a pretty decent job on it. I had a huge scratch down the side that showed up nicely when driven in powdery dirt. It's no longer there. He used a decent wax but nothing like Blue Eyes uses. This stuff lasted maybe a week and a half compared to Blues' month.

Finally some free time to start on some more color matching. Mirrors are hopefully getting painted this weekend, bought paint this morning. Pulling grille to paint and then powder valance (whatever the metal below the grille is technically called) then sand and paint it. Keeping handles black dont feel like pulling them just yet. Maybe if enough paint is left I'll tackle the dash bezel or something.

Last edited:
14c25e0f907a5480ccc05db6ab25425c.jpg
8347e0400d7ba1d69d59f5839063c0fd.jpg

Found a sweet deal on a colored grille and picked it up cheap. Going to paint it and take the proper time so I don't rush it.

Anyone need a chrome grille shell? I'll have chrome inserts if anyone needs them also.

Last edited:
I considered silver on the emblem but am unsure. Lift is either going red or silver in the next week or so. I just didn't want gold so I kept what I had.

Even placed in the auto show. 2nd in our year model (didn't know they were judging inside.. I had 4 people and all their junk piled in there oops..). Cody even brought home 3rd. Big_Kurntry won 1st in his year division also.