New Member from Houston

Roll pan with shaved gate! Can't get much sexier

8544354504_cbe0ddd031_c.jpg

DNW roll pan but love smiggs. Only looks good on a bagged truck IMO

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

After looking at the pics, I definitely agree with you guys on the roll pan. If I get to the point of doing a shaved tailgate, then I would go with a roll pan, but with the current plans, a color matched bumper would look better.

Fixed the ext. door handle last night, it wasn't bad at all. No need to move the window tracks out of the way, just reach up in the door with a 1/4" drive ratchet and a 10mm socket and you are good to go.

Stay away from roll pans unless you bag IMO. I'd start out with colormatching the mirror caps and the upper bumper cap. Then figure out if you are wanting to run chrome wheels or polished, grey, or black or anything in that area. If chrome then leave front and rear bumpers and grille chrome. If polished or anything else then colormatch them as well. I personally hate chrome and colormatched front and rear bumpers look amazing imo but if your going to run chrome wheels then may as well leave it. Also once you figure out wheels then figure out handles as well. Once again if you plan on going chrome wheels the get escalade handles since they have the chrome pull, if anything other than chrome then do fully colormatched handles. Also colormatch rear handle as well. As for power mods, Im a firm believer in starting off with doing things that will make the motor breath better and open it up. I'd look into a intake (doesn't do much but doesn't restrict quite as much as the stock does), then do some long tubes with high flow cats if you want to keep them or just run a ory (catless) into a full exhaust and get a muffler than is open and not chambered then do a tune. Once you get more into motor mods then you can look into doing a intake manifold, vette servo, shift kit, stall, gears and all the other goodies. But those few things will really wake up the truck and make a big difference in power that you will feel as well as being more throttle responsive since it can breath better.

Thanks for the advice, JoshRA. I agree with your thoughts on the color-matching bumpers and wheels. I am probably not going to go with chrome wheels, but it just depends on what I find when the time comes. The rear bumper is the base gray colored one, so I leaned more towards getting that color-matched, although it would be just as easy to just R&R it with a chrome one.

I am also thinking along the same lines for some motor mods, start with something simple and go from there.

Sorry for the slow response, I was out of town for a few days.

Thanks,
Ernie