New Member from Houston

Thanks guys, and no worries on the off comment there, LOL. I live in the NW part of Houston.

It's a 2WD and unfortunately, I just broke my passenger door handle. :embarassed:

At any rate, here are some pics and any pointers are greatly appreciated:

537bd708-2d48-4ca5-b35c-956b4ee49b1d_zps861b64cf.jpg

20130310_090008_zps98706fd7.jpg

20130310_085955_zpsa2dbef0d.jpg

I also live in nw houston near the woodlands

Well your already de molded and de badged, lower, at least some star 17s for wheels, burn the ones you have, color powder coat front and rear bumpers, if you want to do the the grille too, depends on what you want to do interior wise

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the advice so far. It is most definitely appreciated! The great thing about it being black and an LS package is that everything pretty much matches from the get go. I am thinking along the same lines on some diff. wheels, color matched bumpers, lowering it and of course some minor mods to the motor. Intake, exhaust, maybe a tuner (still on the fence about that one).

Did the LS packages come with an alarm/keyless entry? It didn't come with a fob and I had an extra from my '04 C5 I tried to program to it and it didn't work. Not sure if it is just a bad/incompatible fob or if it doesn't have the provisions for it. IS there a list for RPO codes some where ?

Also, any advice on tailgate locks?

Thanks,
Ernie

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the advice so far. It is most definitely appreciated! The great thing about it being black and an LS package is that everything pretty much matches from the get go. I am thinking along the same lines on some diff. wheels, color matched bumpers, lowering it and of course some minor mods to the motor. Intake, exhaust, maybe a tuner (still on the fence about that one).

Did the LS packages come with an alarm/keyless entry? It didn't come with a fob and I had an extra from my '04 C5 I tried to program to it and it didn't work. Not sure if it is just a bad/incompatible fob or if it doesn't have the provisions for it. IS there a list for RPO codes some where ?

Also, any advice on tailgate locks?

Thanks,
Ernie
Most of them come with a alarm, not worth a shit, but there there,previous owners probably just lost the fobs. Mine has a stock alarm and you can jump on the bumper and shake the whole truck and it wont go off. Also, yes most of your plastics match already but bare black plastic and actual color matched handles and bumper cap would make a big difference, and powder coating your chrome on the bumpers isn't very costly and is a HUGE improvement.
PERFORMANCE!
As far as motor mods please stay away from cheap hand held tuners, ie super chips and diablo and the like, get you a custom in person tune, it's the same price and you get some much more for your money, Black bear performance is a site vendor and goes all over the country doing live tunes and comes to Texas often, there's a few more that people recommend as well. I'll save you a little money as far as intakes go, if you don't feel like spending big on a complete intake, get you a air raid MIT, or the JR kit as some call it, it's just the tube not the full kit, then get yourself a k&n drop in filter, you'll save about $100 and the results are damn near identical, stay away from throttle body spacers, if you want headers I recommend a set of cal-speed long tubes and off road y, they sell them together as a kit and its by far the best value out there in my opinion. ($350)
From there it's just a question of how much power you want.

The codes you are looking for should be in side the glovebox door.

Hope that wasn't too much info, but this truck could easily be on of my favorites if it was lowered 4/6 on some 22" tx reps or ss reps

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I really do appreciate all the advice and compliments and it is much appreciated.

Wasn't able to pick up the handle last night, but will pick it up on the way home.

How do you guys feel about roll pans vs. color matched bumpers?

Thanks,
Ernie