Need some help guys...ODBII no power

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I am currently not getting any power to my Cig light (don't use it) nor my ODBII outlet. I know that the common issue is the fuse for the Cigarette lighter, but everytime I replace the fuse it pops the fuse. I have no clue where to start tracking this down? I really only care about the ODBII port so that I can get a tune done...any help would be awesome...can I just somehow take out the cigarette lighter and be done with it?

This is on a 2004 Denali and I have two power outlets in the center console...one works perfectly fine...the actual cigarette lighter one DOESN'T

Make sure nothing is inside the socket, like a coin or anything that will conduct electricity. I have seen kids stick pennies in them all the time and blow fuses. :rofl:

Make sure nothing is inside the socket, like a coin or anything that will conduct electricity. I have seen kids stick pennies in them all the time and blow fuses. :rofl:
funny that you said this...it was a dime down in there that was causing the problems...i didn't see it at first, but then I got it. Hopefully that fixes my issue...thanks man