Important!: Need paint experts help!!!

welsh907

Rehabilitated Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
As a few of you know, my best friend was in a not-at-fault motorcycle accident that took his life on the 8th, a day before his 21st birthday.
Anyways, we did a lot of work on his "baby" a truck he owned a few years ago that he always regretted selling. Talked to my girlfriend and my painter and decided to throw my plum crazy purple paint on a vehicle we have at the shop, and I want to copy the
Scheme off of my friends truck.
Problem:
I know the bottom was pearl escalade white...
The top blue, I'm not so sure of. That's where I need help, if anyone recognizes the color, has a name for it, maybe a color code, if really appreciate it. Here are the only pictures I have.
2ypunu4u.jpg

enu4u8y9.jpg

u6a4ynuz.jpg

ze2y6yje.jpg

ruba5uha.jpg

And what happened to it.
y2ajeha4.jpg

syby8eta.jpg

I know its a shot in yhe dark, but My brother used to have a OBS painted a blue similar to that. It was a Honda color called "Electron Blue" that came on Preludes and Civics. He then bought a NBS Tahoe and had it painted a Nissan color called "Daytona Blue" that came on 350z's. I don't have any pictures of his OBS, but here is his Tahoe. After he passed away, we decided that my youngest brother should have the Tahoe, and he has it to this day.

2012-07-15_19-54-03_446.jpg

My first reaction was the light/bright blue from the newer Tacomas, but I don't think it's got quite the pop/pearl of that one. Looks similar to the blue that came on IROC Camaros

Looks real similar to a Mazda I did for a guy a few years ago.

dsc03080004xx3.jpg

dsc03050002ey2.jpg

Guy wanted Jetstream blue, but didn't have the money for a tri-stage paint job, so I found a card in the BASF deck that matched closest it. It had the main color, but didn't quite have the flop that the midcoat gives the Jetstream blue color. BASF color card number is MB749.80 BASF stock number is 611604.

Saw one of these to by today and it closely resembles the color imo.
ymyzadez.jpg

It's deep water blue pearl that came out on ~09-11 half ton dodges.

Think this is the color I'm going to go with since I can't find an exact yes or no on what color his truck was.