Need help.

welsh907

Rehabilitated Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Been kicking this idea around for quite a while and figured I'd ask.

I want to get rid of the wiring mess under my hood and make things a little more simple.

Basically the big question:

What does it take to swap an old school carbed 350 into an 01 silverado.

Nothing super fancy, just a nice little cammed 350.

Will it just bolt up to the 4l60 and work?

So many questions, sorry for being vague but I'm lost as to where to start.

and the tranny wont work with a carb'd engine, its a 4l60e, it's electronically controlled. you have to buy a transmission controller box for it to work.

Yank it, cut a hole in the floor & flinstone that bitch.

Seriously though, it's cost prohibitive to swap in a Gen I motor as you'd be spending more to get the transfer to work/swapping in a compatible trans. Cleaned up wiring along with a carb setup & efans will drastically clean up under the hood.

I know it's 10 times as time consuming, but worth it in the end....I vote keep the injection and just tuck/clean everything as good as you can. There's plenty of show cars that have a flawless engine bay where you can't see a single wire, but still have FI. That way you'll keep your power/driveability/mpgs.

^^ this. Fuck going backwards in technology just so you don't see a few wire looms.

unless you switch your whole engine over to a cleaner efi setup, just re-route your wire and loom and clean it up. make trim panels with beadroll work on them to help cover shit up if need be

^^ this. Fuck going backwards in technology just so you don't see a few wire looms.

It's not so that I don't see them, it's the fact that all these huge looms of fucking wiring are in the way of everything.

I'm too lazy and not smart enough to cut into a harness and extend it.

Would rather just get rid of as much of it as possible with older cammed 350 swap. Not to mention, I've never been a big fan of cool packs. Give me a distributor any day...

then do it, but you're better off buying a different tranny, from what i've read, the controller boxes cost more than it would to buy a 700r4 or a th350.