My custom exhaust

dang maybe ill do that. either that or ill just buy 3 inch piping all the way back and just get the adapter/tip to save some money. wont be happening now but thanks for the info man!

FWIW i ordered a 4" muffler back pipe from a diesel truck like mine for $100 at Gonzales muffler shop in Baytown. I picked up my 4"in 5"out tip for $38 shipped. PN# AT4050
d4768b81.jpg

8c679da7.jpg

I am going for the same look except i dont want to see where the tip was welded to the pipe. Maybe with the tip angled towards the ground.

Did you notice any low end loss?

yeah i wonder that too. wonder what the 3.5-4 adapter and a 4-6inch tip would sound compared to your 3.5-5inch adapter and 5-6inch tip.

compared to stock exhaust i do believe that i gained some hp. Also on the mpg side but i need to do a little bit more driving to be sure of that. I didnt really like the look of a 4-6 inch tip. If i did 4 inch pipe i would have done a 5 inch tip

^ bet it would sound deeper on urs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i wonder that too. wonder what the 3.5-4 adapter and a 4-6inch tip would sound compared to your 3.5-5inch adapter and 5-6inch tip.

Currently my exhaust is factory from manifolds to about 22" behind the cats. I have a 4" AT4040XL welded to the 3.5" pipe. Very soon I'll get the tail pipe/tip put on and my long tubes. Hoping i'll leave this exhaust system alone after this.

Currently my exhaust is factory from manifolds to about 22" behind the cats. I have a 4" AT4040XL welded to the 3.5" pipe. Very soon I'll get the tail pipe/tip put on and my long tubes. Hoping i'll leave this exhaust system alone after this.

yeah i want some long tube headers on mine, ive heard them with my catback it sound pretty bitchin

It's a bit pricy but I have $315 in the MBRP stuff and $115 in the muffler. Its all alumnized stainless. Here is about how it should exit.
acb8de89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good i have full 3.5" true single y pipe back looking to add a tip next to maybe just a magnaflow 4" or 5" tuck nicely up behind the tire but showing a lil!

Hey i'm looking at doing something similar. Gonna get a 3.5" factory dmax exhaust for free, and run it cat back dumped over the rear axle with a 6" tip. What muffler will sound good? I have a cbe dumped over the axle now and love the sound but it's not quite loud enough for me. So what straight through 3.5" mufflers are a good choice?