My 1996 C1500, bagged build thread, long term.

James720

Mar 18, 2013
Zachary, LA
Since Chris gave the suggestion I figured I'd post a thread for my new truck. A lot of guys here know me already and I had a previous build thread for a truck I no longer own for various reasons. Got married, moved into my own house, etc etc so now I can focus on one project and getting it completed.

Last December my uncle passed away, he had this truck since brand new and I immediately told my aunt I wanted to buy it. Plans were to keep it stockish with a 4" spindle and 33s but thats just not me and I wanted to enjoy my time with it. I know he would be happy with anything I do with is as long as it gets the attention he always put into it. The interior is like new considering its nearly 20 years old.

About a month ago I decided I wanted to bag it and fully build it a little at a time so I can actually enjoy it at shows and get togethers, and get a new daily (still on the lookout, I ride a dual sport most of the time). I plan on doing everything, paint, interior, etc, but I want to get the air ride on and take my time doing the rest.

So here we are... I've got most of the air ride parts bought and in hand, just need to grab some odds and ends before I get back working on it Friday. I'm doing tubular uppers and lowers, Air Ride Tech parallel 4 link, BOA. We finished the notch last weekend and since I've been working on tank and compressor placement as well as figuring how I want to raise the tank and etc.

I will edit this post with pictures when I get a chance tonight. Glad to be back on here.

myba8eby.jpg
3y7a9equ.jpg
ejysa6eh.jpg
ba5ygy3y.jpg
be7egyvu.jpg

Glad to see you back on here with a thread on this thing! :shake: Will be keeping an eye on it for sure. Love being able to see everything in one place and the progression instead of digging through pictures on LLA all the time. Lol.

They're 20s and for sale. I don't like them. Got them on trade and wanting to trade them for some wheels on Craigslist

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The main thing for me is the truck is staying blue and silver and the wheels are painted pearl white. If they were polished, I'd keep them

The main thing for me is the truck is staying blue and silver and the wheels are painted pearl white. If they were polished, I'd keep them

Then strip them and polish them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't really want the smoothies anyway. Not really the look I want. They would look awesome on something c10 body style or a dark single color truck. And the truck was special ordered for my uncle with this color combo in 95, I want to keep it original colors for him. If you mean the wheel color, I could do that and it would look pretty good but I'm pretty set on other wheels...

Last edited:
Yea i meant the wheels. lol.
But if your looking for another wheel i like the iroc replicas or a billet wheel.

I found some on Craigslist I'm trying to trade for to hold me over until I finish some other stuff on the truck then I want Centerline Champ XLs

little elbow grease and polish and you could get a lot more for those smoothies than you can like they are

So glad you decided to make a thread on this versus going through my phone. Cant wait to see it done, call me if you need help too.