Mini-tub and regular tub discussion

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Looks like it's time for me to step into the world of lowering!

Truck isn't driveable with the current setup. 5" with coilovers on 275/45/ Selling tires is not an option as they are brand new with less than 3k miles on them.

I'm making this thread to get ideas, tips, hints, general info...yadda yadda yadda, over the topic "minitubs" and "tubs". Let's see them, and discuss them!

Last edited:
If selling is out of the question, just go buy some 40 series and give the 45s to me. Hell, I'll even pay for the shipping.

:cheeky:

Seriously, I have pics of the minitub on my laptop. I'll see if I can find them then post them up.

Minitub it for $300 or fully tub it? Cause I spent whatever the cost of 3 cutoff wheels was and like 1 hour of my buddys time. Stupid easy job.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

You said minitub discussion* in your thread title is why I was making sure. Ive found out people will charge outrageous prices for simple stuff. But $300 seems like a deal if he does a good job and its quality work.

Well, I wasn't aware that "mini-tub" means a small cut in a fender and a "tub" anything else. I figured a mini-tub could be just a simpler tub, and with less cutting. I'm just getting it raised enough to not worry about rubbing at all.

so it seems the white fender, that cajundragger did, is what you guys consider a minitub. And I consider something like what Wicked Mayhem did on his rear a nini-tub since minimum work was done.

A mini tub at 5 should be good for you. I did it and I am at 6 in the front. I also had 275/45/20 but i rubbed several times a day and have started to eat through the liner and into the wire harness coming out of the fuse block. Im back to the stock 16's now though. I also rubbed slightly at full turn. Ill be going down to 235/65's when i get 2's. But since your only at 5 you should be good, depending on your shocks and the roads you drive on of course... And you should really do it yourself. Invest $45 for a dewalt grinder from a hawk shop and a couple cut off wheels and do it yourself. Stupid easy like colyn said. Plus having a dewalt laying around is handy.... Just be sure not to cut the slits in the lip too close to the outer fender...

Well I will post all the pics I have.... but brett showed me that you can actually raise the stock fenders up alittle so everything mounts the same and it looks OEM you just can't raise it a ton only 2"-3" IIRC.... he needs to chime in.

Full Tubs

y3ynata3.jpg

ubu2ade7.jpg

zyby5ugy.jpg

qesu5yhu.jpg

yderusun.jpg

Mini-Tub

a3usegu3.jpg

9u5yteja.jpg

2ymevytu.jpg

Bed Tubs

edepygar.jpg

y2ehures.jpg

u6epu4ep.jpg

8e6uqetu.jpg

y8y6e7eh.jpg

yju7u3ev.jpg

yge7e2eb.jpg

4y8e5ehe.jpg

8ygyryba.jpg

And Stock Floor Raised

hanase2y.jpg

Just to throw some ideas out there......so glad I finally got a donor bed so I can hopefully do my stock floor notch cover and widen stock wheel tubs within the next year.

Well, I don't have shocks, I now have coilovers. And I think I will be taking the truck in and having tubs done. That way I don't have to worry anymore, and if I ever go 22's, I can have some meat on the tires...and if I ever bag, I will be that much closer.

I mini'd Gannon's truck in 24 minutes with 2 cutoff discs. That's it. Jared you understand a full tub will change a lot of stuff. Lots o shit gets relocated

"I can do the front tubs for 300. That includes any relocating required."
"I cut your fenders and build new ones and taller."

So, I'm fairly confident this isn't a mini-tub! I'm tired of issues, and I'm ready for it to be driveable. I'm not interested in spending time and effort doing a minitub only for me to have issues still.