Magnaflow or borla? Cammed 5.3 with long tubes

I'm a bit nervous the round xr1 I ordered is going to have the same effect has my 12" bullet
Sounded good before the cam, now it's obnoxious.

I can only find decent clips of the round xr1 with long tubes, no cam.
There's tons of idle clips with cams, but my bullet sounds fine at idle. It's anything above 2500+ it's JSP obnoxious

Before all these mods with the 12" bullet it was well beyond "JSP obnoxious" considering he has a borla xr1 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap

Before all these mods with the 12" bullet it was well beyond "JSP obnoxious" considering he has a borla xr1 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap

:reallife:

He just put a muffler on his truck 2 months ago you fuck. He just so happened to choose the muffler that 86% of people choose :eek:mg:

Tell me moar how a straight piped 6.2 isn't obnoxious

Last edited:
I'm gonna use the magnaflow copy cat from eBay. Called the maxflow. Can't decide between the 18 or 22 with no cats.

No cats isn't bad at all. I had long tubes, no cats and a 12" bullet and it wasn't overly loud.

No cats, and a cam, whole different animal

If the round Borla Xr-1 is a tad much, add the bullet back before the muffler as a resonator. I had this on multiple setups ( the bullet as a resonator that is )

My 02 had 5.3 longtubes and tr224 cam, had bullet before a corsa muffler, then sold corsa muffler and ran tbss muffler.

Videos on youtube if you care to look, tribaltatts70 ( all idle videos )

Current truck is 4.hate longtubes all 3" piping with E-Cutout before a 36" magnaflow.

I have a 16" oval borla, it's almost perfect for daily IMO. Mine is cammed with no cats also. I had a 14" magnaflow before and it was a lot louder and way more raspy. I have cut outs too though so I like mine not too obnoxious with them closed. I was gonna go round but found the oval on gmfgtsize. I think the round would be pretty damn close to mine, if they're both sportsman

Sent from Tapashit

Last edited:
That sounds nice Brandon. What's length muffler?

My round XR-1 showed up, and looking at it I'm afraid it's going to sound too close to what my bullet sounds like now
It's ear bleeding loud, like some fuck on a cammed Harley riding by at WOT.
On the hwy it's not bad at all. But going through town on the gas it's JSP embarrassing loud.

What's that 16" oval like? Too quiet? I'm going to swap this round out for either the 12" oval or 16" oval

Man i wish i saw this thread again, the round xr-1 is kinda back country straight pipe sounding, i dont think you'll like it. I dont think im going to continue to use mine again. I think in that video it had a magnaflow. Ive never seen 100% happy with my exhuast setups. I have had 3 differnet magnaflows, 2 borlas and havent been 100% satisfied. I prefer the sound of my ccsb with just a corsa db catback.

My oval was much less raspy. On idle its great, but WOT it sounds straight piped

My cutout stays open 85% of the time.... lol my maganflow sounds alright though when its closed wish i wouldve went 22inch. This 18inch is way to raspy