Lifting NBS 2wd just wanting some second opinions.

HaydenB99

Jan 14, 2014
Tennessee
I have a 99 sierra 2wd. I am lifting the truck just as soon as I find a lift I want. I currently have 20x12 gear alloys, and 33x12.50 toyo at 2s. I have thought of doing a 6" rcx and a body lift . I just do not want to rub at all, I'm not into cutting a whole lot. I've been told that will rub. To sum this all up, what would any of y'all suggest? I'm open to all options, also where is the best place to buy? My local shops are sorta of high and mainly only sell rcx. I know a fts vender on gmfs told me a 8" would be 1486 shipped. Thanks, sorry for the dumb post just needing some opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yes I am doing a regear, tune, I even will get my hands on some long tubes eventually.

Honestly, fts seems to be the best bang for the buck with quality lifts. When I get another truck to lift, I'll either go with fts or cognito.

you should have no problem running 33's on a 6" rcx. I'm cranked and running 33's with minor rub :bishplz:

Honestly, fts seems to be the best bang for the buck with quality lifts. When I get another truck to lift, I'll either go with fts or cognito.

It seems like it really is. I've never read anything bad on the quality of the lift, although I have read quite a bit of negativity on a rough country. This is my first lift I'm doing so I'm just trying to get it right the first attempt.

you should have no problem running 33's on a 6" rcx. I'm cranked and running 33's with minor rub :bishplz:

Well I know I have a friend with the 4x4 with the 6 and he's got keys cranked and he doesn't rub, but mine would be quite a bit lower being a 2wd.

I would go with the fts 8" and you'll sit about the same or slightly higher than a 4x4 with a 6". That way you know you have the clearance for the tires.

I would go with the fts 8" and you'll sit about the same or slightly higher than a 4x4 with a 6". That way you know you have the clearance for the tires.

I believe that's what I will do thanks for the reply man.

I had a 5" lift and it was barely a smidge taller than a stock 4x4. If you wanna clear 20x12s...ur gonna need those extra 3" from the FTS and possibly a BL. If were talking about that white truck in the sig link, that bumper might gonna need some trimming

I had a 5" lift and it was barely a smidge taller than a stock 4x4. If you wanna clear 20x12s...ur gonna need those extra 3" from the FTS and possibly a BL. If were talking about that white truck in the sig link, that bumper might gonna need some trimming

That's the one, I was thinking that and a 1.5 inch body. Hell, I have even considered going down to a 20x10 ultra pred instead of the gears.