Leveling kit or lift

I have a 99 silverado stock suspension I want a 1.5 body from some off road & a rough country 2 inch leveling kit ... Which one should I do first ? & what's the cons ?? If I do a 1.5 body wouldn't it be wasting money to get the leveling kit?
eze3e6eg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do a 2" leveling kit and a 1.5 body it will give you a total of 3.5 inches of lift. If you only do a body lift, your suspension will still rake. I would do both. Then again, I would do neither and just put a 6" on it.

I've heard bad things about body lifts like linkage stretch & a bunch other stuff and also heard that the level lots wear on front end parts like steering and ball joints control arms wheel bearings all those ...

And happen to have a picture of 99 silverado with just 1.5 body then with 2 inch level & 1.5 body? Running 285s or 33s... Oh yeah btw, if I have 1.5 body & level or just the body and running 33s or 285s would I have to lower the gears ?

No on gears. Body lifts are great if your trying to achieve the lifted look without modding the suspension. They are a pain in the ass to install though b/c you have to cut shit to move the front bumper up with the body. Levels won't hurt your suspension that bad man. Check out Cognito's leveling kits, they make some expensive, but good ones.

Sent using Tapatalk

Wrong year and cab but I just have keys, 3" blocks and shocks(Rough Country leveling kit, get the full kit even if you don't plan on running the 3" block) on 285/70R17, also the fender is not dented

here you can kind of see that the angles aren't bad either

Last edited:

Wrong year and cab but I just have keys, 3" blocks and shocks(Rough Country leveling kit, get the full kit even if you don't plan on running the 3" block) on 285/70R17, also the fender is not dented

I like how you mention the non dent before anyone asks now.

But, to the OP id run a 1.5 body and crank to level for now. Unless you can afford a lift.

I have a 3 inch body and crank to level. Run 295/70/17 on 17x9. No rubbing at all. Depends on the offset on the wheels you run.

Also, the gears depend on your stock gears. If you have 3.42, I would recommend gears. If you have 3.73 or 4.10 definitely not for 33s.

Last edited:
I have a stock half ton 99 silverado 4x4 ext cab 5.3l & should I do the body lift first then if it's not level get the leveling kit to get a little higher up & get the rc steering stabilizer , and hd tie rod sleeves

I have a stock half ton 99 silverado 4x4 ext cab 5.3l & should I do the body lift first then if it's not level get the leveling kit to get a little higher up & get the rc steering stabilizer , and hd tie rod sleeves

If you body lift it will still not be level. It raises the body off the frame doesn't alter the suspension at all.

Why are you worried about the stabilizer and sleeves?

I guess we just need to know what your end goal is. What size tires? How high do you want it. Do you want it level, raked, Cali? What kind of wheels are you going to run?

I like how you mention the non dent before anyone asks now.

It gets covered every time I post that pic

A body lift wont level the truck at all, get the leveling kit first then get the body lift, I don't have the stabilizer or HD sleeves but they would be nice to get, don't have any bump steer issues but some claim the stabilizer helps the front end last longer

here is how it goes.

get a leveling kit, i got just keys and shocks, sometimes you can just run shock extenders if your trying to be cheap on it. leveling kit and extenders are like 100 bucks

if it still isnt big enough, then put a body lift on.

body lifts are actually really easy, i put mine on myself with the use of a jack and block of wood. only hard thing is the radiator shroud relocator

dont worry about a stabilizer or sleeves, no one for the most part runs a stabilzer on a IFS setup unless its a huge lift. sleeves are more of a diesel or truck pulling thing, if your planning on pulling a sled in 4wd then you shouldnt have a 99 5.3 gas truck anyway.

no more repeditive questions, you have asked the same thing 4 times, and you hijacked someone elses thread.

to the OP look at wicked mayhams truck, his is just leveled with wheels and tires, and its a diesel.

I just heard the stabilizer and sleeves helps the front end last longer & I wasn't the look of a body lift but want it level at same time so which should I do first? And I'm going to either run 285s or 33s but I don't want to regesr the axle

I'm new with this god damn idk how dick

don't need to get but hurt about it, just go too the top of the page and click whats new,then go to the right of each of the threads there is categories and click on one of those and start a thread ...thats what i do anyway ...:shakehands:

Last edited:
don't need to get but hurt about it, just go too the top of the page and click whats new,then go to the right of each of the threads there is categories and click on one of those and start a thread ...thats what i do anyway ...:shakehands:

He found it...he made a post already.