Leveling kit or body lift

chris.martin.3701

Oct 31, 2013
www.facebook.com
heje3edy.jpg
99 silversdo 4x4 285/75/16s I want to run a zone off-road 1.5 body lift and rough country full leveling kit which should I do first ?? What's the cons ? And with the level kit I was gonna get the steering stabilizer and the hd tie rod sleeves to save the front end a little more & would I have to change gear ratio to run 33s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd level, then add 1.5" bl. And with it being a z71, you have 3.73 gears now, which will be alright with 33s. But if you ever run into an extra grand down the road , 4.10s would be best

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

I'd level, then add 1.5" bl. And with it being a z71, you have 3.73 gears now, which will be alright with 33s. But if you ever run into an extra grand down the road , 4.10s would be best

I have z71 with 3.42s...is that different cuz he is a 99-02?

4.10s with 33s are perfect but going from 3.73 to 4.10 isn't a huge deal, I would still like more gear though just because

Last edited:
Yessir, the 99-02s are all 3.73, and it became an option after that iirc?

I want moar gear!

Like I said in the last post what wheels tires and look are you looking for?

Basically, I would level first. Then body lift if you can't fit the wheels and tires you want. I'd skip the gears and the stabilizer and tie rod sleeves.

Last edited:
So what do y'all think I should do?? I want the look of a body lift but want t level should I just do both at same time ??? & should I run 33s will it be any different ?

Crank your stock keys, see where you end up. If you need more then get a leveling kit. Then body lift if you want that. What size tire are you going to run and what wheels?

heje3edy.jpg
99 silversdo 4x4 285/75/16s I want to run a zone off-road 1.5 body lift and rough country full leveling kit which should I do first ?? What's the cons ? And with the level kit I was gonna get the steering stabilizer and the hd tie rod sleeves to save the front end a little more & would I have to change gear ratio to run 33s

if it where me I'd save a little extra $$$ and just buy a 4" lift.

Lol, idk wtf this guy is thinking

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Sooooo would I need to regear? I have 3.73 I think that's what stock is for my truck I'm running 285s right now .. Ima get the 1.5 body lift and the level kit and keep my tires I got now but if it doesn't look right would it hurt to run 33s without gearing

Sooooo would I need to regear? I have 3.73 I think that's what stock is for my truck I'm running 285s right now .. Ima get the 1.5 body lift and the level kit and keep my tires I got now but if it doesn't look right would it hurt to run 33s without gearing

You do not need to gear for 33s. They're just saying it'd be nice and make your truck feel peppier to regear, but 3.73s and 33s are perfectly fine. I've got 5-6 buddies with 3.73s and 33s, no problem whatsoever and I had 3.42s with heavy ass 33s and my truck was just fine.

To answer your original question though, don't worry about the bodylift unless you're going with some really wide and low offset wheels. My truck was an '05 Z71 and I had the Rough Country level kit (keys, blocks, U-bolts, 4 shocks for around 200), actually got a little over 3" of lift over my stock keys being maxed out and I ran 295/70/17 (33x12x17) Nitto Trail Grapplers on my stock rims. I had no clearance issues whatsoever, flexing, offroad, nothing. The only reason you'd need a bodylift for 33s is if you're gonna run 20x10s with like -12 or -44 offset. Otherwise you'll be fine with the level kit, and it'll look better too

Here's a pic of my truck for reference

Definitely go with 33s though, it doesn't look near as good with a level kit up that high on 285s:

Last edited: