Le Cobra and Le GT **pic heavy

i have been quietly following this. I really like how your doing it. I dont agree 100% with all of it, but what i really like is that it seems your REALLY enjoying the car. You drive it just to drive it. Makes me want a fun manual car to drive on weekends. keep it up man

i have been quietly following this. I really like how your doing it. I dont agree 100% with all of it, but what i really like is that it seems your REALLY enjoying the car. You drive it just to drive it. Makes me want a fun manual car to drive on weekends. keep it up man

:shake: Thanks dude! I do really enjoy this car, it's so much fun and it's cheap too so that makes it even better. I really wanna get back in an NBS at some point for a DD, but I've decided I like this car too much to trade/sell it for an NBS, so that'll wait a while longer. This summer's gonna be alot of fun with this car, me and dad have been looking at various AutoX schedules and driving schools so I hope we get to do a few. Need to pick up a GoPro too

i saw your comment in the other thread about the wheels being a bitch. You should get some of there matte clear, with just plastidip itll never be clean and will stain

i saw your comment in the other thread about the wheels being a bitch. You should get some of there matte clear, with just plastidip itll never be clean and will stain

I didn't know they made matte clear, all I've seen is "glossifier". I think I'm just gonna peel them soon tho, the look is awesome but maintenance even with clear will suck.

On another note, I finally fixed my fuel leak. The O-ring where the pump assembly goes in the tank was ripped and the filler neck gasket was deformed too. It was a bitch to get the tank down but now that I've done it, it won't be bad if I have to do it again.

Ordered a new 190lph pump, figuring I might as well do the pump while I'm in there. Come to find out, I already had a Walbro 255lph in there, so I just put the new Orings on and used the new sock. No more pouring fuel on the tailpipe :scared:
Fuel residue
ry9ere6a.jpg

7yju7evu.jpg

a7u9e7a6.jpg

8agemuze.jpg

Sent from TapaTwat

Got my Termi LCAs in yesterday, might throw them in this weekend if I have a chance
paju6yda.jpg

Used some stainless steel scotchbrite on my tips cuz they looked silver/black and horrible. I didn't care to polish them, just wanted them bright again. Can't wait to do my exhaust right
8erasy8a.jpg

And called about the Termi wheels, they'll be shipped either today or tomorrow :success:

Sent from TapaTwat

Just uploading pics here so I can email them. Pretty pissed right now, 2 wheels came out of the box scratched and I realized while looking at them just my fingers scratched them too. That's rediculous they're sooo easily scratched. I'll be calling AFS wheels monday for sure

ymedy5yj.jpg

de7y8unu.jpg

y9yhavag.jpg

7udejudy.jpg

e7upahen.jpg

vaja6umy.jpg

2uzyjaba.jpg

Sent from TapaTwat

If you put some lotion on your sandpaper hands this wouldn't have happened.

But srs, that sucks.

You love the lotion dontcha Tony? :pedobear:

Yeah me and my dad both were like WTF? I think they'll compound out but I'm not gonna touch them till I talk to AFS tomorrow. If so, I'll buff them and take them to a body shop to bury them in clear

They're a revised geometry over the 94-04 GT/V6/94-01 Cobra LCAs. They'll give me another degree or so of caster as well as about a 10% sharper turning radius. Figured while I'm replacing, might as well upgrade for a few more doll hairs

I used to use some stuff on my magnaflow tips, worked ok. Think it was never dull in a silver can.

Sent from my b hole

I use that on my tips and for chrome wheels, just as a maintenance cleaning. Works pretty good! For anything more I use blue magic polish.

I'm just not sure that you can use these on a machined look without getting rid of the machining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Small update, got confirmation from AFS that there is clear on the wheels so I tried some compound and the scratches came right out. Also spoke with 3 different painters and they said they don't think it would benefit me to re-clear the wheels. So I'm just gonna put 2-3 coats of wax on them to protect them as much as possible.

So I test fitted them tonight, fronts will clear fine, rear I'm gonna havta remove/flip my quad shocks and either bend or section/shorten my ebrake cable brackets

pe8e9ude.jpg

ezuru9eg.jpg

ne9egege.jpg

Ebrake cable/bracket
9ezene2e.jpg

Quad shocks
pu9ezehu.jpg

So mash wide
mu6uve9a.jpg

Swapped the stock center caps for my red/black ones
suta9u9e.jpg

y2u6ezyn.jpg