Kicker Hideaway

I've had a few different pairs of solobarics and mid/high sets and never had any issues with kicker. :shrug:

I've had a few different pairs of solobarics and mid/high sets and never had any issues with kicker. :shrug:

I can't say that I've never had any kicker products because I have. They used to make decent stuff. The current stuff isn't terrible but there are WAY more companies that make just as good and most of the time better products for less money. I'm all about getting my moneys worth, :shrug:

Kicker is also sold in Walmart now, all Kicker fan boys around here are fgts and think their shit does 150s with 2 10s, and I don't like to follow main stream companies that over charge.

If it ain't sundown, it ain't shit

:billeh:

No Sundown here, I've had 2 Sundown setups in the past 2 years and was very impressed but once again there are many other companies I'd run before Sundown even.

Another thing I really liked about Sundown, DC, and etc were that customer service is on point and they're always there to help out.

Edit: To the OP do you have space for true sub setup or no? The hideaway isn't the best option if so. You can have a single 8 and have a much better setup than a hideaway. imo

Last edited:
Exactly, everyone pays for the name now.

I'm not saying alpine, kicker, pioneer,polk don't make good speakers, but there is better products for your money. I have been through many different brands and the parts I'm happiest with few people recognize the brand. Stereo Integrity, Sundown, even Audioque when I had my console. My Polk speakers sound like crap, my infinity speakers before these sounded worse, I hated my old alpine sub with a passion. And the kickers I replaced that with sounded decent but nothing to write home about. Especially when you figure what I paid for them.

Plus, you get no customer service with those big companies anymore. It's sad because they used to be the best you could get.

I can't say that I've never had any kicker products because I have. They used to make decent stuff. The current stuff isn't terrible but there are WAY more companies that make just as good and most of the time better products for less money. I'm all about getting my moneys worth, :shrug:

Kicker is also sold in Walmart now, all Kicker fan boys around here are fgts and think their shit does 150s with 2 10s, and I don't like to follow main stream companies that over charge.

No Sundown here, I've had 2 Sundown setups in the past 2 years and was very impressed but once again there are many other companies I'd run before Sundown even.

Another thing I really liked about Sundown, DC, and etc were that customer service is on point and they're always there to help out.

Edit: To the OP do you have space for true sub setup or no? The hideaway isn't the best option if so. You can have a single 8 and have a much better setup than a hideaway. imo

bwahahahaha...not

I had a horrible fucking time with Sundown, complete morons over there. They dropped the ball so many fucking times. I was lucky they managed to get it to me at all.

bwahahahaha...not

I had a horrible fucking time with Sundown, complete morons over there. They dropped the ball so many fucking times. I was lucky they managed to get it to me at all.

Never had an issue with Sundown's customer service but then again it was 2 years ago that I talked to them so who knows now. Just been much more pleased with the smaller companies CS than the big over priced "name" brands.

Actually now that I think about it, I tried getting with JBL for some amp parts and got no response to the 3 emails I sent. It says all over the interweb to talk to them for parts. Guess now theres nobody to trust for good CS.

Some companies are still good all around. Sundown turned me off after my issues with them. The product itself was pretty amazing, that SD2 10" I had pounded. But there are several other equal companies that I would choose to purchase from next time.

bwahahahaha...not

That makes me nervous about my amp. DNW to deal with that crap...

My amp has cut off on my twice, and I was only powering the SD2 and an xplode at separate times. Not sure why, then the other day all 3 of the fuses on it blew. I need to investigate it. I'm running the SAX-125.2

4g wiring, it was basically pushing 400 to the sub, so it was underpowering what the sub can handle and I don't think it was maxing the amp out

I have ran kicker products for years and have never once had issues. I have all kicker marine in my boat which consist of 8 components and 2 10" subs and a kicker 5 channel amp. I'm sure there are better products out there but I also get a discount.

4g wiring, it was basically pushing 400 to the sub, so it was underpowering what the sub can handle and I don't think it was maxing the amp out

Hmm, sounds weird. I'd contact them and check your wiring and make sure theres not a short or anything going on.

I have ran kicker products for years and have never once had issues. I have all kicker marine in my boat which consist of 8 components and 2 10" subs and a kicker 5 channel amp. I'm sure there are better products out there but I also get a discount.

Not saying Kicker has nothing worth a crap. Just put it this way, I don't support Kicker nor their prices. If you're getting discounts and like the product then run em. Just not my kind of beer.