Khaos' RCSB Thread

I modified a crank pulley tool I got from oreillys to press mine on. Worked great lol. I can post a pic of that tool later if you want

Sent from Tapashit
Yeah that would be helpful if you can grab one! Thanks.
Got the Efans installed yet?
I'm planning on doing it all at once since I need to install a new rad for the fans. Gonna pull the front clip when the motor gets swapped and make it easy.
Done yet?
Yes, been done for a week, where have you been?

:cheeky:

I'm planning on doing it all at once since I need to install a new rad for the fans. Gonna pull the front clip when the motor gets swapped and make it easy.

Yeah, that will make it a LOT easier to put the motor in with the whole front clip off. The ONLY
drawback is that when you remove the AC condensor, you will end up losing all your refrigerant and then you will have to vacuum and recharge the entire system again. But if you are prepared to do that, then go ahead and get your compressor mounted on the new engine as well. Its a hassle to unhook the compressor and swing it to the side when doing a motor swap, but then if you do that you don't have to open up the system and recharge it.

I'll see what route I am gonna go with when it comes time to swap. I'd rather not have to deal with recharging, but it's not the end of the world and it's never been done in 12 years lol. Still blows cold but it couldn't hurt.

So I'm sitting here thinking of anything that I might not have figured out yet and I'm looking for some input regarding my PCV setup.

Here's what I have:

TBSS intake - has 2 ports for the pcv system; top-center and top-back
Holley valve covers - each side has a port
LS6 valley cover - has a port
Catch can - 1 inlet port, 1 outlet port

Trying to visualize it in my head isn't going as planned, so that's why I'm posting. I know I am going to have to "T" lines together, but I'm not sure which is going where.

Also, do I need to worry about the EVAP system? I do not have the TBSS solenoid, just whatever is on the 4.8 right now. NY allows one "Not Ready" so can I just have it tuned out and be done with it?

I'm sure I'm missing other things, but I'm drawing a blank on them right now. I just want to try and have everything as close to 100% figured out before it all comes apart.

Bump for the above questions and also I actually did something productive today.

Got my tailpipe all set and put the tip on. Sounds waaaay better than just dumped. There's actually an exhaust note rather than just a loud drone.

Snagged a Summit Racing corsa-style tip

bd67dbfb1a50819452190ea08b3a5324.jpg

58933003913745776a6767fed75bcdad.jpg

0a4e3f776cd4d3cafdc1cd7d74c655dd.jpg

And a video because it sounds awesome now.

[video=youtube_share;UWxBDlEA0-4]https://youtu.be/UWxBDlEA0-4[/video]

Reactions: justinghump
Sounds great! I kinda wanna put a tip on mine but I don't know where. Pretty sure I can't go over the axle lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Does sound good!

live from the gutter trash.
Thanks man
Sounds great! I kinda wanna put a tip on mine but I don't know where. Pretty sure I can't go over the axle lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yeah you'd have to work some magic to get anything over your axle lol.
Link to said tips

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-691201
Looks and sounds good. Ima grab one of those tips too when i finish up my exhaust
Thanks! How is yours setup right now?

Yeah, I may have to add a bullet or resonator somewhere. I'm leaving it be for now til I drive it for a bit with the new setup, then go from there.

3in from the DP to a bullet dumped over the axel, it obnoxious at WOT. I have a magaflow 24in oval 5x8 to replace the bullet and run the tail pipe like yous.

Yeah I was getting fed up with the dump at the axle. It was fine before LTs but after it was obnoxious. I haven't driven it yet since I just picked up on clamp I needed today, but I'm gonna assume it's much better now.

That MagnaFlow should quiet it down a lot.

Turbo noises are very good.

I keep trying to tell myself the motor swap will be fast, which it will. But I could've been making more power if I just bought a turbo kit lol.

Yep, that's the plan. Eddie said the same thing :shake:

It was just confusing sitting there looking at 5 pcv ports lolol

Telling everyone right now, it's not getting cleaned often. With how low and close to the body it is....I'll pass :rofl: